GM Footy Manager shortlist - shortlist no more.... Ex-Tiger appointed

Well played EFC

Seriously Essendon.
I can’t believe you poached the reigning premier’s staff.
#lowperformance

1 Like

Roads scholar?

1 Like

bob shearman is by far the funniest poster on this site.
Every post he makes just puts me in the jolliest mood.

3 Likes

A Rhodes scholar in a mirror?

1 Like

Burnt Cabbage?

Wasn’t poached he applied for the job.

1 Like

Who was it on here that said that we were poaching a big fish and the Tigers won’t be happy. And its not Dusty.

I’m assuming this is it yeah?

1 Like

He applied for the role not poached. Why leave if the gig at the reigning premiers is so good?

I have no opinion on this appointment.

12 Likes

It’s a joke. I have no idea what he does. Would love to know though

1 Like

Hardly ‘poached’ when he applies for the job.

i think what people mean by ‘we poached him’ is that after he successfully applied and got the position, we dropped him into a massive vat of boiling water in order to cook him to a fluffy, more visually stunning, consistency

not sure what people are misunderstanding about this.

11 Likes

You’re not DAN JORDAN

1 Like

yep - someone did say something along these lines. Come on, fess up and be congratulated.

edit - from the Props to Adrian Dodoro thread back in Jul from Max-Factor that Clark Griswold then bumped and Willi_dick responded… Not sure if any of this is relevant however.

2 Likes

What is strange about Richmond’s decision? They got Balme back after he had been in control at Pieland, when they won the flag. He has a proven track record. Blitzers were even saying we should recruit him. He played for and won flags at the Tiges, and ironed out Big Nick in the process. Richardson now has something to prove, but he is not second best or a sub-standard applicant in any way, shape or form. His old man was an excellent fullback as well.

2 Likes

Ahh similar to being cannonised.

1 Like

This is the same Dan Richardson that pretty much blamed the Richmond fans for the clubs mediocrity and said the fans didn’t have the stomach for a full 8 year rebuild?
IIRC he also said the Tigers were not near a Premiership and they were happy just playing finals. Sounds like he is excellent with player contracts and player retention but out of his depth in a lot of other areas hence his demotion at the Tuggers.

1 Like

He is not the only one at Richmond that said that. The other critics used to point to the the playing over and over and triumphalism of when they once beat Essendon in a final- just happy for the occasional win.

In other words he is guilty of them wanting to lift their game. Sounds like he had them summed up pretty well, depending on how long ago, he made the comments.