Gumtree D*ckheads

There’s a type that don’t really follow the polite lead.

1 Like

I’ve been using Facebook marketplace more recently. Find it’s been better than eBay and Gumtree for second hand gear.
Had a couple of weird ones though.
Enquired about something and the bloke took a month to respond, asking if I was still interested.
Then another one where I told the guy I needed to pick it up in the next week as it was for a particular event, he never answered so I found something else, then a week after the event he wanted to know when I was going to pick it up then cracked the sads when I told him I no longer required it.

■■■■ em. It’s not worth the purchase.

1 Like

just want to report a positive gumtree experience for a change.

had a table listed, had the usual “is it available” then silence encounters, or the “i’ll give you 20% of the list price” wankers. however ended up receiving a message in the morning, i explained that it had a few scratches, they understood, organised transport, came out that night and picked it up no fuss. essendon supporters as well!

7 Likes

I think you are being had.

Noice.
I’ve found the funniest ones are the middle aged ladies who have never done it before who are too scared to haggle because it might offend you.
Or you know you could offer 50% less and they’d take it. But you don’t cause you’d feel bad because they’re genuine.
One thing I have noticed with those transactions is it never ends up the same way as some movies I’ve watched.
I’ve tried selling large tools. Not a bite.

1 Like

“(Item) is in excellent condition, just a little dusty/dirty”. I suppose there’s no chance you could muster the energy prior to me arriving?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was listing a dog kennel for free and someone wanted me to clean it and also deliver it to them at the airport.

Surprisingly, it’s A) been outside, and B ) had a dog in it C ) I couldn’t be stuffed.

If I was selling it for $100… sure, you’d expect it clean. You should expect to get what you pay for, surely?

3 Likes

Not gumtree but Facebook market place. Was giving away 90+ landscaping bricks in perfect condition. Could have charged maybe 40 bucks but just wanted them gone and was happy to list them as free.

Some lady asked if I could deliver them.

I wonder if she was expecting me to lay the bricks for her as well.

4 Likes

Because their both full of bored housewife’s looking for bargains.

It’s all a game. So they can brag to their friends and family(who don’t care) that not only did they get it free they got it delivered as well.

We all know someone who does it.

1 Like

We’ve used gumtree to both buy and sell stuff. Never had an issue.

1 Like

Just bought a mint leather chair for the man shed. Perfect condition from a little old lady in Brighton. I amazed they didn’t pull the sale and jack up the price; there were 10 people wanting it.

11 Likes

Very fancy.

How much?

Very Scandi, nice

cost me $300. I was looking at similar new ones for around $2,000 so I reckon I did alright.

4 Likes

You paid the asking price or you got the old girl to trim a bit off because from a distance, the chair looks to be in impeccable condition.

BREAKING NEWS; Hambo from Bomberblitz caught stealing leather chair from old lady. Channel 7 footage of Bomberblitz shows it in his new man cave.

10 Likes

I happily paid the asking price. It’s as good as new. They were selling all sorts of stuff but there was a lot of interest in this item.

I bet there was. You have a keen eye.