Gumtree D*ckheads

Not diggers.

Could be Rolf Harris. Once Bassendean’s favourite son. That was before all the fiddling.

Trying to find an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 9000c reel for the Father In Law… Only one I can find on Gumtree but they want $300 they have been selling for $108 (or thereabouts) on Ebay…

I know nothing about fishing, but is that worth it?

Don’t know about that particular one, but that’s a LOT for a 2nd hand reel.

1 Like

Which is the better deal out of $108 and $300 ?

Answered your own question there

My favourite selling experience was just a few weeks back. Selling 2nd bed and mattress. Told potential buyer it’s at our old place and has been disassembled. Asked if I could go to put it back together and take a photo of the bed without the mattress on it.

No mate, as I said not at the same house and disassembled.

How about you do it tomorrow morning for me.

■■■■ off mate.

4 Likes

As with many things, sometimes a current model isn’t much like the original. Different materials, factories, country of manufacture etc.

1 Like

I get that 108 is a good deal. Missed the bid as the old fella was only going to pay $100. I cant find another on ebay.

Dont know if I should do a counter offer…

I sell pretty regularly and am accustomed to shifty b astards coming with just short of the agreed amount, with some pis$weak excuse.

Get back in your car, check your parking meter change or f uck off

That would probably be me for this reel at this rate lmao

Unless it’s slightly faulty and you didn’t realise you have negation rights.

If the boot is in the other foot hold firm and not a cent less.

It’s used and the details state its been maintained and been in storage for the good part of 30yrs.

1 Like

Sorry edited my post a bit but still stands if you’re selling

You can sort of tell early in if it’s a bit of s swindle by their attitude at POS.

I recommend bringing a mate along who’s done it before to check the scene out. You’ll gain confidence after a bit.

I would if it’s local but the seller is interstate.

Good chance it’s the reel deal then :yum:

You reeled me in on that one.

The whole deal smells fishy to me

On the scale of things it might be ok.

Seriously though, seems like the originals are a collector’s item, but still very good if properly serviced. An offer of 200-250 wouldn’t be insulting

2 Likes

They usually expect a bit of negotiating, unless they stay firm on the price. They should indicate that at the start.

It’s a bit awkward at first but if your polite and treat it as business you’ll be fine. If it’s not a goer bid them a good day and go back to your search. If they carry on they’re a nob and not worth dealing with anyway.

2 Likes