Gumtree D*ckheads

I can sympathise with Steve.

Not Gumtree but something similar happened to us when looking to purchase a house from a private seller.

We came to terms (or so I thought) only to then be ghosted when we attempted to move on to the next stage of the process. Turns out the vendor was tempted by a late offer and decided to sell it to the another party. Somehow they didn’t think telling us was necessary.

1 Like

Damn, he didn’t even tell you? Ouch.

1 Like

“Hey darl, I was cleaning out the shed and found my old vinyls. I’ve got that so-so copy of Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. It sold 40 million copies worldwide. Whaddya reckon? $75?’

‘Go for it darl.’

This is after he’d called me probably 3 days earlier and agreed to $150 (and the ad was pretty clear it was just a skin with no battery or charger).
Genuinely suspect he had nfi what he was actually buying

5 Likes

Just had someone who genuinely does appear to be Brian Lake message me about some gym equipment.
Given what I’ve read about his behaviour at times not sure I want to reply :joy:

3 Likes

Is it for a Shake Weight ?

1 Like

You got a door?

You put your fist through it and screamed death threats at your wife?

You got a gym.

1 Like

Got a $900 coffee machine brand new for $550. Still in box and all wrapped up. Looks legit like it wasn’t opened.

Proof will be when I get home and check company warranty

4 Likes

“Hi I’m still wondering if this is available?”

Yes

crickets

3 Likes

I saw a fantastic response to that recently.
“I’m not surprised.”

And…scene.

2 Likes

Years ago, I put my couch on it. Free to good home. It wasn’t in perfect condition, but still good.
So many calls asking if I can deliver.
When the “deal” was done, someone came round and he asked if I could help them carry the couch out.
Sure thing I said. When we got outside, I asked where his car was, he replied that his car had broken down that morning and he needed me to help him carry the couch to his apartment about 100 metres down the road.
I told him I changed my mind on selling it. He then asked if I was giving away anything else ?

3 Likes

I think you’ve unwittingly discovered a clever way to get a stranger to help carry heavy free items to the front nature-strip on hard rubbish collection days. If they have a car…bonus.

You’ve hacked Gumtree my friend!

1 Like

On a similar note, I was considering asking people for their hipages stories.
I feel like if it’s less than five figures then nobody is interested.

Not sure if this belongs in the MLB thread but about 13 years ago I bought some rare model railroad kits from a guy in the US who was selling off his collection rather urgently on eBay. I knew exactly the kits I wanted and already had some of the limited edition kits already. Turns out the seller was Kurt Schilling and he was really a bit put out when I declined his offer of a signed pair of game worn cleats in addition to the kits I’d already bought. I think he was going thru a marriage breakup or similar cos he was unloading all kinds of stuff to raise some fast cash

4 Likes

Did you buy the stuff ? Did he offer any of his Nazi collection ? Schilling is a strange dude and reckon he would be a close mate of Trump.

Yeah but only the scale model kits that I wanted
Funny thing was he could’ve asked twice as much for them and I’d have paid it
I passed on the cleats tho

nah never put stuff for free. attracts the biggest deadshts

a lot of people who can’t afford things are too proud to go hunting free stuff. put it for $10 then when they turn up, load it and go to pay just go “eh don’t worry about it, you’ve already put in the effort”

1 Like

If he’d had blood on the socks, they’d have been worth a few bob. Came from when he pitched for the D-Backs in the 2001 WS against the Yankees. I think he had a ruptured something in his heel. He certainly has the reputation of a RWFW.

2 Likes

Gumtree is the worst.

I don’t mean to be pedantic AN10, but he was playing for the Red Sox (ironic) against the Yankees. It was the fourth game of the 2004 series where they came back from being 3-0 down to win and then went on to beat the Cards 4-0 in the World Series to finally lift the curse.

But yes, he’s a total ■■■■ of a human being.

1 Like