Gumtree D*ckheads

Four Days in October. So good.

Aren’t you familiar with the fact that I’m never wrong…even when I am.

We had the big screen up at work and the boss was a Yankees fan. So good, so pleasurable. Down to their final out in games 4 and 5 IIRC and Big Papi came through. Seṉor Octubre…why has the enye disappeared from the alternatives for n?

ñ - try Option-n + n

Ta. Previously on MacOS, you’d just press down on the n until a range of option appears, of which ñ is one. Alas, no more.

1 Like

Probably just sailed away (sail away sail away)

Any chance you can buy me a drink first?

Straight to the block stage…

5 Likes

As a postscript to the above, the same c0cksplat follows-up this morning with a message simply reading “??”.

Against my better judgement, I give my suburb (roughly, which he’d have known if he’d bothered to read the ad fully) accompanied by information that full details will only be revealed if/when a day and time are agreed on and when they notify me that they are heading over.

Radio silence.

Bell-end…

1 Like

Maybe you could have also suggested they learn how to communicate like a half-normal person so that they don’t get taken for a dodgy farknuckle

1 Like

Me fail English?

I’m still waiting on the lady I was selling something to, 3 sundays ago.

She was leaving her house at 2. Just around the corner at 3. Then surprisingly needed to go to the doctor at 5.
So I expect she’ll get here any minute.

Are some people scamming these formats for addresses to case places? Or just really rude bullshit artists?

5 Likes

Yeah, I reckon there’s a fair bit of scamming going on. I get plenty of people asking for my banking details or payid which can all get straight in the bin. Yeah, sure… let me give you my banking details for a $10 item. What could possibly go wrong?

never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

3 Likes

Yeh I give them the suburb and say “Message me you’re near the school down the road and I’ll tell you my address”. So many Indians never even make it to the school…

To be honest, I’m not sure whether I’ve found any particular race/ethnicity more useless than another. Suffice to say, I’ve found 90% of Marketplace Users full-stop are rude/obnoxious/useless/unreliable/knuckle-draggers/a combination of the above/all of the above.

As a postscript to the postscript, old mate never bothered with any additional follow-up so I blocked him/her and closed the conversation. Next thing I get an availability query from someone who is either related to them (same surname) or a burner account for the same person (same profile photo). Immediately blocked…

Put an ad up for old $400 coffee machine on facebook Market place. Used daily but descaled monthly and only ever used recommended descaler.

Put price for $250.

Bloke offered $20.

Seriously…

5 Likes

thermal block coffee machines (so most cheap breville/sunbeams/delonghis pretty much deserve $20.

I’m moving atm, I’ve chucked a whole bunch of a stuff on Gum tree for free…. Just to get rid of it.

I had 5 people lined up to pick up different items this morning.

Did any of them show?

Not one.

An absolute waste of time. It’s all going to the tip.

2 Likes

Few weeks ago I listed youngest son’s electronic drum amp on eBay having sold his kit earlier since he’s moved on to an acoustic kit
Listed it for $250.00 pick up ONLY from Bowral NSW southern highlands in both the item description & postage details

It sells and buyer pays via PayPal
I message him and say “all good when you wanna pick up”
He says “I thought you would deliver”
No dude read the ad
Anyway he’s up on Sunshine Coast QLD

I offered to cancel the sale but he asks for postage quote so I take to PO and they estimate $60 tracked
He pays extra and I spend a few hours double wrapping and packing it carefully and he finally got it

Does he qualify as a “Gumtree Divkhead?” or just a bad reader

6 Likes

D!ckhead, but at least he’s a pragmatic D!ckhead.

3 Likes

What’s the go with Payid ? Trying to sell something and buyer wants to pay via that method and have someone else collect? I told them noooo