Gumtree D*ckheads

Yep same thing happened to me iam selling my car on Facebook had two guys lined up to come check it out after negotiating a price.
Guy number one insisted he had to come early on Sunday morning so up I get instead of sleeping in with the missus get the car out make sure it’s all good and then crickets neither of the two show up.
So bloody frustrating.

1 Like

The annoying thing atm, is that Op shops are refusing take anything.

They have signs up saying they’re not taking donations.

It’s an absolute waste, so there is perfectly good stuff will be put into the ground.

Some scam where they say they can’t complete the transaction because it’s not a business account then they say they had to pay to upgrade your payid to business account and try and get you to pay them back.
Makes you wonder how many people they actually get with these scams for so many to try and pull it off.
I actually had a couple of scams tried on me which were reasonably clever the first one was asking to swap then sending a link which opens a fake Facebook link in the hope you would enter your details in.
And another where they call and pretended to be from nab and claim unusual activity on my account which I reckon could get a few people

I sold an e-scooter valued at 3200 RRP for 2200 and had f-all km’s on it.

Prior to selling, I got an offer to exchange it with a Hermes wallet.

Also, the amount of times we’ve sold something and people try to buy stuff that isn’t for sale, is a d1ckhead move too.

2 Likes

listing for free and listing for $10 attracts two very different audiences

1 Like

listing things for a fair price doesn’t work.

Ie something that went for $100 new, you would think would be worth ~ $50

Wrong.

List it for $110

You’ll either get a complete clown who will pay $110

Or lowball offers for $10

Nothing in between

4 Likes

Local suburban buy/swap/sell groups on FB can be good
Or “buy nothing SUBURB”

You’ll get most of the same shenanigans.

When is blitz gonna have a buy swap sell section, moving interstate soon and got lots to get rid of.

1 Like

Yep, experience tells me you get a slightly different kind of dịckhead with the latter.

1 Like

Making things free on Gumtree is a ticket to time-wasting.

Better to put some minimal price on the item, and make it “take it or leave it”, no further correspondence entered into.

Not quite related, but I’m offloading a heap of books…mainly US crime fiction from 1985-2005…tried to give them to retirement villages…are they large-print? No - see you later…op shops don’t want them…the Moyne Transfer Station in Killarney now has them.

here you go!

1 Like

are you weitering?

I don’t reckon hermes wallets cost that much so good call by you.

1 Like

Caught me I came to bomberblitz to sus out the fans before coming over because I need the money

if it was real it would be about 2-3k

Must be some fancy one. I looked and didn’t see many. I don’t rate Hermes anyway.

i was looking to gift @Stallion a brazzers branded one for our #1 subscriber

2 Likes

Theres a re-gifting opportunity if ever i saw one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MENDOZZA

Yeah, depending on the product, they can definitely reach stupid levels of expensive. Think I’ll just stick with the cash.

@barnz on the other hand might be onto something with Brazzers offers though