Gumtree D*ckheads

Majority of stuff I put on gumtree or fb is bought by foreign uni students who always ask first for delivery, and then arrive in a car incapable of collecting it.

5 Likes

Happy or sad tissues?

1 Like

lol.

She’d certainly be crying if she knew what she was buying.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can buy just the recharger for a set of apple ear pods?

If you can’t does anyone want a set of apple ear pods? :slight_smile:

Interested in if these things are any good.

It’s crazy these days. TV getting so thin they don’t have speakers worthy of the image quality, so you gotta go buy a bunch of other stuff. More cables, remotes, power points.

Actually, there’s a new Sony which uses the screen as a ‘speaker’ much like my VW Golf uses the windshield as a speaker for the fake engine sound.

Tv speakers have been ■■■■ for 15 years.

1 Like

A good one certainly is. I bought the Sony one, and it’s not bad, but then got an absolute bargain on a JBL, which is a cracker. Mucho improvement over standard tv sound. I hate having a ■■■■ hot picture (LG Oled) and ■■■■ house sound.

1 Like

Investing in a decent 2.1 or 5.1 sound setup can last you a life time too. Waiting for dad to upgrade his 80a boses so I can take them.

2 Likes

I have JBL speakers. 10 years old but damn good nonetheless.

1 Like

I got some old pioneer really basic old amp, and separate tuner and an awa turntable from gumtree. It all stated when I got some old realy heavy marantz speakers in beautiful physical condition 15" woofers. Not top line gear, but it sounds great playing records, trying to hunt down an old pioneer tape deck now and a cabinet to suit, one of those old stick on walnut with the smokey glass door and lid. Hard to find

3 Likes

It’s fkn apple, … do you even need to ask??

1 Like

Try every hard rubbish collection in every suburb I’ve ever lived. (Until there’s one drop of rain and they disintegrate)

Yeah, I might even make one. It will really suit they level and style of equipment I have. Wouldnt be hard to make one from memory I reckon. If I used modern laminated timber it would look quite snazzy

1 Like

You could emulate one quite easily with some Bunnings 12mm chipboard and a roll of Teak Contact if you really wanted one, and a piece of smoked glass wouldn’t be too hard to get from a proper glass place, … I’d guess it’s just the glass hinges that may be a little more difficult to come by, … but they’d be available out there somewhere I’m sure.

Plenty of old speakers, turntables cabinets around in High St northcote.

Problem is they’re priced for collectors. Some of the mid century stuff is beautiful, but there’s a lot of crap there too.

They only cost me $240 anyway :slight_smile:

■■■■■■■■ old people from ■■■■■■■ Bassendean (apparently a place in WA) who bid on PICK UP ONLY items on eBay where you’ve stated clearly PICK UP ONLY twice in the ad plus in the item specifics - then ask when you’re delivering it.

Prolly Diggers

4 Likes

Prolly

Who uses eBay?

1 Like