Hangover cures

Joe’s first post in 6 months.it seems WoBs thread has got Joe #backin. Coleman, Norm Smith and flag incoming. Lid off.

Non-alcoholic beer

One of my doctor mates swears by proton pump inhibitors. Takes a dose before a big drinking session, a dose after, and says they mean he doesn’t get a hangover.

Honestly don’t know if it’s a legit thing or just a placebo though. I guess they would help cut down the nausea, but as for all the other hangover symptoms…

2 Likes

What is it? My Japanese is slightly rusty (read: non-existent). I’m guessing by the picture that it’s ginger something?

Best thing I’ve ever found for curing hangovers, was a perfectly healthy young Liver.

Lost that some time ago now though, …

Careful everyone BSD is into organ harvesting

7 Likes

Hydralyte icy poles. Have three in half an hour. Blew my mind how much difference it made.

2 Likes

Good call. Lemonade ones are the bomb too

I plan now because i am old.

Electrolyte tablets and water pre bed. Get up when i need too if gummy mouth hits. Repeat Electrolyte and water hit.

Sleep in as much as possible.

Coffee and bacon the next day.

I think the whole drink water thing before bed, hydralites etc is The way to go

If only i could think about this whilst I’m blind

5 Likes

‘Ukon no chikara’.

Ukon = turmeric.

A turmeric drink that gives you ‘chikara’ (power/strength).

Most hardcore drinkers here, cough, cough, drink a small bottle or two before a heavy session & sometimes after a heavy session as well.

So sugar and caffeine then?

Blue gatorade and servo pie on your plan B walk home from the pub?

Ha. No caffeine in there. 5g of sugar. Vitamin C & turmeric extract (good for inflammation/acts as an antioxidant).

Hydralyte and gin/vodka. Works a treat, gets me through big weekends and festivals

2 Likes

Sounds great. Send us a slab.

Upon receipt of the funds, a slab will be sent. :wink:

1 Like

Hangovers make wob smarter.
When has he ever used a word like “whilst” before?

4 Likes

just buy some tumeric powder, crush up some vit c and get some carbonated water, should do the same thing.

Or could just substitute tumeric with any anti inflam extract or supp, that you find works for you.

1 Like

Only stops the acid production. So if you’re one of those that gets the gut hangover. Some of the brands can actually give you a bit of gas and the trots too, so be careful. I never liked them.