Hawthorn training report 10/6/16

there is never any excuse for losing by over 100 points

time for woosha to start earning his coin

I wouldnt care if gwilt, ambrose, cooney, gleeson, edwards, jerrett, ambrose never played again

All duds

Fantasia, Parish, Daniher, ZMerrett Luenberger, Dea, Hams all battled hard.
Parish is fantastic.
I didn’t think our disposal could get any worse but tonight was new low.

Enough of the chip sideways. Get the ball- look forward quickly and kick it to the leading option. All night we ignored it only to look around go backwards and turn it over.

straight off

In Tippa, Francis, eades (cause you can get goals in the goal-square

It’d be really interesting to know how many turnovers resulted in their goals.

I hate Hawthorn! They are arrogant, diving, dirty and just downright weak.

We are a bad team right now, I am not going to go into details about why. Its a fact, and we move on from this season as quickly as possible and take the positives when we can. But, what really annoys me is the three-time premiership team getting an armchair ride with the umpires and commentators, and not just against us but against most of the competition.

I walked out of the game today at half-time, which is something I never do. I usually stick around till the bitter end i.e. the final against carlton a couple of years back and all games this season. But I was ready to explode by half-time, and it had nothing to do with us playing badly which is something I have gotten used to. To see the three-time premiership team get such an advantage against the bottom team from the umpires made my blood boil. Just before half-time it was 9-2, even though contested possessions and clearances were close to even. Some examples of this bias and are a clarification to the umpires if you are reading this are as follows:

1. It is not a free kick when someone dives forward three meters upon feeling the slightest bit of contact, i.e. Paul Puopuolo (better known as the new Australian diving champion who will represent us in diving at the Rio Olympics).
  2. It is not a mark when a Hawthorn player touches it second after an Essendon player, especially when the Essendon player is in front.
  3. A player does not play on until they move off the mark i.e. you can motion to handball and it is not play as long as you do not move off the mark. However, it seems if you are Hawthorn and in particular Rioli you can basically move forward and impede an Essendon player Jamar without repercussion. Normally it is a fifty metre penalty, not play on and subsequent goal.

There were many others, but you get the gist.

I watch other teams play football, and have seen afew Hawthorn games this year and in a number of those they have been gifted free kicks that were just not there. In my mind the umpires should make it harder for a three-time premiership team to win. Not make it easier! Or better still be even, but I suspect that is simply too difficult. The best example of this bias being the Hawthorn game against Adelaide, as I will discount tonights game because we never had a chance of winning in the first place.

So I say F#&k Hawthorn. They are the real enemy, not Carlton or Collingwood.

Please don’t ban me for this mods, its just something I needed to say after one too many beers at the football.

I wouldnt care if gwilt, ambrose, cooney, gleeson, edwards, jerrett, ambrose never played again

All duds

Jackson was serviceable tonight? Wasn’t in the bottom half of our performers

Most of the players tonight should not represent Essendon again. Conpletely and utterly not up to it, I've seen enough.

There’s about 4 players out there tonight I’d be happy to call Essendon players. And one of those is Dea AND HE’S A ■■■■■■■ TOP UP!!!

Meh. Just realise we’re in one of several infinite parallel universes. I’m just enjoying the fact that in one of the other ones we’re half way through our 5th straight undefeated season and Paul Puopolo turns tricks in a midget brothel.

To woosha , sure you can set structures for development and learning . But Friday night against the ■■■■ n pop perhaps go man on man with a spare back just to slow it down

As bad as the umpires were, we were worse.
We create our own disaster.

All duds

Jackson was serviceable tonight? Wasn’t in the bottom half of our performers

Delist

tonight pretty much sums up where both clubs are at. We got belted by over 100 points by a team who didn’t get out of second gear, and spent large chunks of it in first.

Then you look at the different club mentalities.
our club will most likely clap this side of for warm lil fuzzies in their stomach to show to the world they are a good lil supporter and will cheer no matter what is dished up.
compared to a coach and club who have 4 ■■■■■■■ flags in the last 8 years, 3 in a row going for 4 this year, and 70 points up at 3 qtr time, and they still aren’t happy with how they are playing.

I just don’t see what they are ultimately teaching these guys
it’s not to cover your man defensively
it’s not to run defensively
it’s not to take the game on
it’s not to show them how to move the ball forward with a purpose or reason

So what exactly are they teaching these guys ?
other than bad habits for next year.

Honestly thought Ambrose was ok. Has lots of defenders tricks to learn, but is making progress.

I used to look forward to the weekend because that meant footy. Now I look forward to Monday because it means work and I can take my mind off the footy. It’s sad. Fark you AFL, you bastards caused this!

Of course all of their free kicks lead to shots on goal when we can’t get it past the half back flank.

All duds

You could add Ambrose that list as well.

It'd be really interesting to know how many turnovers resulted in their goals.

It was 60 points at half time.

Take the positives of the youngsters still showing heart, Parish and Zerrett have been outstanding.
Dea stands up again, Fantasia gets involved.
Hopefully with the rest of the season we get to see some other youngsters get game time.
Not seeing any of the rusted on bad habits leaving the same ol more experienced perpetrators though.

All duds

You could add Ambrose that list as well.

Delisting him twice would be pretty mean.