Health & Fitness

A good compilation of lifts (in competition and training) from last month. Khudayarov passing out after his dead lift was just as entertaining as his WR squat :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjFZSxSLEI

Lol Chris Papillion from the vid competed in July - now in jail
Pretty sure he may have even skipped a court hearing to compete at GPC worlds haha

Jail? Jeez, that’s no good. Hope he can sort himself out. He’s a good lifter.

According to Pacifico - multiple drug related felonies

A good compilation of lifts (in competition and training) from last month. Khudayarov passing out after his dead lift was just as entertaining as his WR squat :stuck_out_tongue:

Ergh, work is importing a type of squat machine for the club
Unfortunately all I forecast is players with sore knees

Ta.

I’ve done a bit of Yoga, don’t mind it. Happy to get into it again.

Yeah six month ago I could put my fists to the floor but now my fingers are 100mm off the ground. I’m all wound up.

@megz got any links to Pilates you’ve done from online?

@Eastie_Boi What’s this stretchy strap they’re using to stretch the hips? I need one stat.

@Riolio Just by looking at the still it’s a light band
He’d be using the red one on this page, but imo if you weigh more than 60kg you’d want a blue
http://www.ironedge.com.au/store/power-bands-41/
Not sure where you live but if you drop into the Glen Iris store and say Graham sent you, you should get it a bit cheaper

I’m not sure if they’re cheaper elsewhere but they’re all made in the same Sri Lankan factory so if you want to possibly save $5-10 you can shop around lol

Buying the blue one now, ta!

Tell your mates they’ve got an awesome website btw…

Just got back from trekking(walking 10-15 kms for 14 days straight) and I’ve shed 6-7 kgs. Including some sizeable mass. Not that I am a body builder or anything. Went to gym the other day and was only able to push about 70-80% of what I could before. Will be a gradual thing but it’s weird being skinnyish.

Need my fat(and lost muscle) back! Any quick fixes?

Just got back from trekking(walking 10-15 kms for 14 days straight) and I've shed 6-7 kgs. Including some sizeable mass. Not that I am a body builder or anything. Went to gym the other day and was only able to push about 70-80% of what I could before. Will be a gradual thing but it's weird being skinnyish.

Need my fat(and lost muscle) back! Any quick fixes?

Pizza :wink:

If it was only 14 days it should come back pretty quick
I know for me personally a 2-3kg drop in bodyweight is roughly a 5% loss on squat and 10% on bench (funnily enough I’ve deadlifted more at a lighter bodyweight)

@megz got any links to Pilates you've done from online?
We both do it properly with a physio

Ms AP would internet slap you for saying that…

Don’t be hatin on the internet.

An instructor makes sure you’re doing it right (doesn’t need to be physiology, just need to be trained properly)

Managed to do a pretty good hammy at the gym this morning doing sumo stance good mornings
Nice sound similar to a tent ripping lol
Good opportunity to test my theory that lots of heat is better than ice (along with some compression and ultra high rep leg curls to flush some blood in)
I can remember on the old board/thread thinking TGM was an idiot for recommending exercise to fix a strain/tear. How the times have changed lol

@Riolio started going squads, deadlifts and hamstring curls? at least once a week at the gym. Helped take the pressure off the lower back (always had lower back issues) guess by building glute muscles, but helped a stack with flexibility and cycling and running

@jharper Currently doing 20-30 min of Yoga a couple of days a week, plus heaps of stretching during the day, more time on the foam roller, plus doing about 30 minutes of stretches before doing any cycling. I’ve also double-checked the position on my bike so take pressure off my knee. So far so good.

Think I just had to upgrade my flexibility program from ‘doing nothing’ to ‘doing some things’.

Managed to do a pretty good hammy at the gym this morning doing sumo stance good mornings Nice sound similar to a tent ripping lol Good opportunity to test my theory that lots of heat is better than ice (along with some compression and ultra high rep leg curls to flush some blood in) I can remember on the old board/thread thinking TGM was an idiot for recommending exercise to fix a strain/tear. How the times have changed lol

Ouch! Hope you heal up quickly.

finished the Melb Marathon in 3:19 min official, Strava 3:17:27
it was a bit disappointing given first half was 1:32 second half was 1:47, thought I was in better shape than I am. next year will try and stick with the 3:10 pacer.