Here's THE TEAM (final) vs Gold Coast LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGY (Francis calf :( Parish rested)

I’m confused, Simpkin, Stokes, Long and Grimley all named on the ground in the VFL. Fanta named as possible Int but should have a rest.

OUT: Stokes Simpkin

NOW!

NOW!

Come on, you know they are not going to drop these guys.
Anyway Simkin has actually paid his dues in the 2s many times and deserves a run. Stokes … nuf said.

NOW!

I see your stokes and simpkin and raise you grimley and zaka

Simpkin eh?

Six top ups suggests the club believes this is a winnable game.

Does it though? Are the top-ups at the stage of their careers actually any/much better than the rest of our list?

Simpkin, polkinghorne and grimly wouldn’t even make our rookie list.

NOW!

Nope…

Gotta get Stokes to 200 !

Unfknbelievable

There is no way we can lose this one.

GC got absolutely annihilated 5 weeks in a row up to round 10 but have been pretty consistent and competitive since then despite not getting many wins. We probably need them to be a bit off to be chance.

Disappointing that Langford isn’t in for this because he would have probably been the biggest mid on the ground. Still you never know what can happen if a young team gets a sniff and our best this year is good enough to get a sniff in this game.

Fingers crossed May doesn’t do somthing horrible to JD
. Their height up forward will stretch us. On paper the midfields look relatively even with neither being particularly deep or experienced.

Holding saad and harbrow would go a long way to winning it for us.

Hope long shows something and just takes it on.

He wouldn’t make it out of the stadium.

If Grimley is still in, could someone tell him not to fall to ground at every contest this time? Thanks.

If Grimley is still in, could someone tell him not to fall to ground at every contest this time? Thanks.

Biggest spud I’ve ever seen in an Essendon jumper.

Apart from Dea and Kelly I cant wait to see the top ups gone.

Does it though? Are the top-ups at the stage of their careers actually any/much better than the rest of our list?

Simpkin, polkinghorne and grimly wouldn’t even make our rookie list.

Its beyond a joke that they were even selected once in the seniors, let alone multiple times

Classic essington

They’re not top ups silly.

They’re tank ups!

I said last week that it was possibly our worst side in history

Well this weeks team wipes that off the board. Quite confident this is the worst side of our history to play

They're not top ups silly.

They’re tank ups!

“New recruits”

(Soon to be “distant memories”)

No.

I can’t understand how anybody can have watched footy this year and thought that the top ups (bar Kelly, Dea and probably Jamar) make us any better.

They are there to give the kids a rest. And to get Polky to 103 games.

Liked for the Polky 103 games, but I think the argument for the top-ups enhancing our chances of winning is probably more to do with things like not fatiguing as much late in quarters and being able to maintain team defence rather than sheer talent. Polkinghorne may not win you a game* but the argument goes that he won’t lose you one by letting his man sneak through the zone or what have you.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqL-D7vQWZE

Can Parish still win the Rising Star?

They’ll gift it to MillsHopperWeitering, you know what they’re like.

We have Zerrett the 2nd best player in the comp and he wont come within a bull roar of the browlow medal, yet flog Woewodin won it and haz done custard all else!
Mind you was 16 years ago so…

That of course is the $64 question. Of course the top ups introduced this week, are replacing experience with experience, considering the injuries to Goddard and Dempsey.

are