Howlett's Goal

Wow people are really banging on about this, it was a goal and always will be.

Fark you BT.

i reckon in these situations the umps should be trained to put there hand on the post to feel for fibration

I'm not joking, surely there's some sort of technology you could put in the post to detect impact? Like that thin skin they have at the end of a swimming (racing) pool? With only modest effort I'm sure someone could repurpose that to detect impact. It's really not that hard. It might cost 50 to 100 grand to develop and implement at all the grounds but it'd stop every issue ever as long at it's in a situation like above where it's above 2.5 m and the players haven't interfered with the posts.

Would hotspot work? like in the cricket.

i reckon in these situations the umps should be trained to put there hand on the post to feel for fibration

I'm not joking, surely there's some sort of technology you could put in the post to detect impact? Like that thin skin they have at the end of a swimming (racing) pool? With only modest effort I'm sure someone could repurpose that to detect impact. It's really not that hard. It might cost 50 to 100 grand to develop and implement at all the grounds but it'd stop every issue ever as long at it's in a situation like above where it's above 2.5 m and the players haven't interfered with the posts.

Like hotspot?

A caller rang up on Sunday on one of the radio stations and said why not square posts? Obviously the bottom will need to be round so what happened to Carey isn't repeated, but would square posts show more of a deviation with a round surface hitting a square object?

remember when ablett won mark of the year when he actually dropped it?

Following in a long tradition: same thing for Trevor Barker's MOTY.

Michael Roach also (not MOTY, but 'famous' nonetheless). Dropped it cold.

Should be lasers so the ball gets cut in half.

Who cares. It's a goal.

Why not just employ two goal umpires, let them make a decision and then get over it.  Life doesn't have to be perfect.  Technology fails just as often as humans do.

Why not just employ two goal umpires, let them make a decision and then get over it.  Life doesn't have to be perfect.  Technology fails just as often as humans do.

Because eevn they are hopeless. Remember the Wellingham goal in the GF in 2011? The umpire was right under it and still missed it.

Because eevn they are hopeless. Remember the Wellingham goal in the GF in 2011? The umpire was right under it and still missed it.

Who cares?  They are not perfect as i said, no one is.  The media just wanty outrage so they can sell some papers they could not care less whether it is a goal or not unless they want the team to win, like BT on Sat night.  Normally he would have ignored it as he often does.  Unless of course he wants to nationally publicly insult a security guard for doing his job, then he will spend at least half the game talking about it.

Crows fans going nuts, funny, laughing my head off here !!  Didn't see them going on like this last week with Eddie Betts goal from outside the boundary, even Eddie was honest and said he kicked it from row 16, what a difference it makes if you win the game and not lose I guess  . You would think this is the only goal decision that the umps got wrong in history .

One replay looked to show a clear deflection. I thought it was a point but I'm not going to argue.

If the ball crosses the line first and then still hits the back of the post it's a behind. Any day of the week

Who cares - They gave it a goal. Fark em

I'm agreeing with all my Adelaide mates that they were robbed.

It's ■■■■■■■ hilarious!!

Would hotspot work? like in the cricket.

Not the worst idea

What about if the ball hits the post, then the goal umpire sees it and calls it as hitting the post? Have they thought of that yet?

Absolutely the crows were robbed!!! Roight in front of moiy!!! ROIGHT IN FRONT OF MOIY!!!

r.jpg

Funny how no one talks about Vince's goal last week that was a point and got over turned on barely enough footage (certainly not conclusive)

There was more evidence that Vince'■■■■■ the post than Howlett's.
But FFS BT kept whining as if there was conclusive evidence that it did hit the post.

That fvckstick was carrying on for about an hour after the fact. The footage was inconclusive, clearly the goal ump was sure it was a goal so they didn't review it.
Fark you brian taylor you big spastic.

BT had to carry on about it because he didn't know any of the players names... This was his way of trying to hide the fact.

Was Hawkins goal counted as a goal in the GF? Whether it hit the post or not, it was counted as a goal. 

It's a goal. No doubt it won't be up for goal of the year though, coz, you know... Essendon, controversy, deviation, loopholes etc. 

BT is jealous he couldn’t do that

It's a goal. No doubt it won't be up for goal of the year though, coz, you know... Essendon, controversy, deviation, loopholes etc.

Ablett got Mark of the Year for a non-mark, and Yarran got Goal of the Year despite running out of bounds and twice going >20 metres between bounces.
So yes, if he doesn‘t win, it must be a conspiracy.