I could be offended but

We live in strange times.

1 Like

No I already explained it’s the headline.

A supposedly personalised message to me asking if my father dons the sash. If they want people to think they are all chummy by using their first names then they shouldn’t be asking questions they don’t know the answer to.
It’s not brain surgery.

1 Like

The first thing I thought when I saw the email was No, he’s dead.
The second thing I thought was, What poor taste.
Completely tactless.

2 Likes

That’s a superposition, not entanglement.

1 Like

As someone who doesn’t have a dead father, I find this thread offensive.

2 Likes

And heaps thought yeah hes a bomber, yeah i’ll get him something.

WELL BARNZ NOT ALL OF OUR FATHERS ARE BOMBERS!

:sob: :sob: :sob:

WON’T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME

1 Like

me old mans a bomber, me old mans old man is a hawk supporter, i’m sure me old man is more offended than me.
■■■■ me old lady is a bomber, her old man is a melbourne mcc member who has passed, she hasn’t called me in rage yet though…

cry me a river.

reported

thread delivers in spades

I’m not offended but those political correctness types, ■■■■ me dead.

p.s. no bullet please.

1 Like

I hate myself for reading this thread.

3 Likes

Don’t worry mate, you’ll have one someday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Meh. I get these emails and my dad passed away ten years ago. They just make me sit down and think about what a great guy he was for a few minutes before I get on with my day.

7 Likes

I think your points are valid Scorpio. And I’m sorry for your loss.
It would be easy for the club to tweak its Father’s Day marketing.

I am at a loss to explain the lack of empathy in this thread.

2 Likes

I don’t get the angst, sorry.

My Mum passed away a while back, and it seemed every second commercial on TV was for a funeral insurance plan.

I hate those frigging ad’s at the best of times, … but for those few weeks, they were particularly painful.

And of course, every day there’s plenty of folk that have just lost someone close, that have to deal with ad’s for all sorts of stuff. After the loss of a long time Canine companion, they don’t stop dog food commercials, … I meaan, … it happens everywhere.

Are you going to stop all the Fathers day ad’s on the telly when you have just recently lost your’s??

I mean …??

1 Like

…but I’ve got better things to be offended about (or maybe not because I don’t get offended easily)

This why Putin will win…

The point of this thread is that advertising is generally just another form of pollution and while marketing has its uses, it’s not much different.

I know guys who are involved in those areas, good blokes whom I don’t blame for earning a quid. I won’t for a second pretend that I like either vocation, nor being told how to spend my hard earned everywhere I go but kid myself that I can avoid it on some subliminal level.