"Iconic" sash is now a wheat husk

Rubbish, it’s not a sash.

What were your thoughts on Hawthorn’s power ranger jumper, did you have a laugh at them? I did. And now it’s happening to us.

4 Likes

I have no opinion one way or the other.

I feel a bit sorry for Kelly. When he looks back on photos of his 300th he’s going to have to explain to his grand kids why there’s a plant on his jumper.

12 Likes

Pic?

Needs a combine harvester coming over the left shoulder.

Change Kia sponsorship to Massey-Ferguson.

3 Likes

Should just have a diagonal Bundy can or RM Williams horns. Better yet, big red “FARK OFF, WE’RE FULL”.

3 Likes

Gee, what is wrong with people. Looks great and as mentioned above, smart move by Essendon to raise the profile of the day and generate a level of innovation, interest and commercial opportunity. I’m proud of my club and how it puts itself out there.

4 Likes

Agree with original post, the Melbourne ANZAC day jumper was classy. We always go all out stupid with ours. This looks ■■■■

1 Like

Love it! I’m buying 4. I am amassing an amazing collection of jumpers that ■■■■ people off

16 Likes

And from footy-watching distance it will look like business as usual, unlike many other club’s weekly abominations.

I doubt direct monetary gains are at all a significant factor: it’s a splash of publicity for the game and the jumper sponsor.

2 Likes

Ironic that we have a husk on the jumper.

The club is a husk of its former glory. /s

1 Like

We need an official guernsey of the Essington Football Club. Best we trial now to find the perfect one.

4 Likes

Don the wheat?

We are a joke. That is embarrassing.

E S S I N G T O N

3 Likes

Awful.

Esseedon

8 Likes

Nope… it will look like we’ve been run over by an army of tractors … let’s hope it’s not prophetic

Lol, Very good.

3 Likes

Living out here in the country. I think it looks pretty good, and is a great idea for the country game. Of course it wont be our away clash that would be just silly.

Lot of farmers have wheet mate. Pretty much no such thing as just a wheet farmer. They diversify the crops to minimize risk. So most farmers around here for instance will farm wheet, barley, lentles, beans, and canola, and a heap more. On top of that many will also run sheep, cattle, etc. Most have a least some wheet crops though.

Shame we didn’t get the China game vs Port I would’ve bought a jumper with two big red chopsticks on it.

9 Likes