Injury Updates

I’m positive these injuries have no bearing on our banality.

1 Like

I want fridge to be an inside mid, I really do

2 Likes

Sydney will come for fridge hard.

Hope we can keep him and if not, ream them at the trade desk.

1 Like

I think Merret and McKenna could possibly not be there rd 1 which would suck

McKenna was seemingly in main training today

And Zerrett is just an ankle of which has progressed to alter G (keeping running up whilst weight off feet) and then back out into training should see him be easily ready.

Ages until rd1 really. March 24. Over 6wks

Hope you are right buddy

I would love to see players like Gleeson, Zac and Begley in the side round one. They would be some of the most concerning players for us in terms of fitness.

A lot of the others seem like they are just being managed to ensure they are fit for round one.
Players like Hooker, Dyson etc should all be fine.

The positive is we have no long term injuries at the moment with another month or so to build fitness into the ones that need it.

Pre-season in a nutshell

The Bombers are moving into the next phase of their training, building up their match simulation in recent weeks despite a number of their key players being unavailable through injury. It has meant a group of their younger players have been standouts in important roles, including Andrew McGrath and Kyle Langford in the midfield. Could we see speedster Adam Saad spending some time at the centre clearances as well? It’s something coach John Worsfold is weighing up as the club works out the best way to maneuver his line-up to the new rules.

Injury list

Josh Begley : Begley is back into main training after his knee reconstruction last year. The powerful half-forward has admirers at Essendon with his strength and forward craft.

Joe Daniher: All eyes are on Daniher as he continues his rehabilitation from his osteitis pubis injury. He has started to take part in match simulation drills and stepped up his load, but it remains touch-and-go whether he will be ready for round one. The Bombers are cautiously optimistic he’ll be there.

Martin Gleeson: A 12-week injury has turned into a 12-month layoff for Gleeson, who still has not reached top speed as he deals with the serious ankle issue he suffered in last year’s JLT Community Series.

Dyson Heppell: The captain has been on a modified program as he battles some hamstring tendinitis. The club expects to nurse him through that for the next two weeks to clear the injury before unleashing him back into the main group.

Cale Hooker: After a series of hamstring injuries earlier in his career, Hooker is treated conservatively by the Bombers each time he has a soft-tissue complaint. He has missed three weeks with a hamstring strain.

Conor McKenna: McKenna has struggled with a groin injury for most of the pre-season, running laps on the Bombers’ adjoining oval often away from the main group. They need him at top pace, so it will have been a concern that he hasn’t completed much match simulation to this point.

Zach Merrett: Merrett is out of the moonboot he was wearing following a minor ankle injury last month. The gun midfielder is expected to be back in training before the JLT Community Series.

Kobe Mutch: Was sent for scans after rolling his ankle during a training session last week but received good news and escaped serious injury. Has been in a moonboot since the scare, but the injury shouldn’t impact his season.

Mason Redman : The versatile youngster went down with an ankle fracture in November but has made a swift recovery and will be back soon to main training pressing his claims for a senior berth.

Devon Smith: Managed throughout the pre-season, the 2018 best-and-fairest suffered a bicep injury on Friday that will be closely monitored by the Bombers.

Intraclub: The Bombers say they will not have a full-scale intraclub this pre-season but instead continue to fold their match simulation into training sessions.

Playing AFLX: Michael Hurley (Flyers), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Deadly), Andrew McGrath (Bolts), Dylan Shiel (Rampage)

JLT schedule: Carlton, Ikon Park, Thursday, February 28; Geelong, GMHBA Stadium, Thursday, March 7. - Callum Twomey

1 Like

I don’t like how “Playing AFLX” is included as part of the injury update.

1 Like

I keep meaning to mention, but forgetting - Mutch has put on a lot of muscle in the last 12 months. He has beefed up a real lot, and looks a beast right now, as opposed to the weedy scrawny guy not that long ago.

6 Likes

edit (left this out)

Early prognosis

Daniher has progressed well in his return from a long-term osteitis pubis injury and could play in the club’s second JLT Community Series game against Geelong. However, the club continues to take a cautious approach. Merrett has stepped up his training in recent weeks, while Heppell was an onlooker at training on Tuesday. Redman is getting closer to full training while Begley and Gleeson are also starting to join in some drills with the main group. - Dinny Navaratnam

2 Likes

Gee, Hepps tendon must be cactus. Hasn’t run in weeks. Even guys with hamstring strains do some type of running

Pretty sure Belly said he was fine in his vid clip

Half the time these injury updates are not accurate

Every one of those TBC players are all either ok or in final stages of being released to full training.

But if you are Nino you see that and hyperventilate

1 Like

The hepp situation is certainly the most convening right now

Hepp played a half in today match sim. All good

13 Likes

I think we need a training report from you @All-Star_Bomber_18… Please ensure the naming convention is in line with the Blitz rules and regulations. Thanks in advance

Correct
We all could be Mutch surprised

1 Like

3 Likes

Objectively that injury list looks quite good.

Through the BLITZ glasses: our. Season.is.over. play the kids.

4 Likes

Doe missed an opportunity there.
Fantasia - Corked Quad…c’mon man, it was such an easy change !