ISO Sunday Session: Which Freezer Pie brand is best?

Best pork pies?

Can we also take a moment to reflect on that of all the bakeries to franchise, Pie Face is a ■■■■■■■ abomination?

5 Likes

Yep, it’s gross.

i had a very nice scallop pie at Port Campbell when i rode my pushbike along the great ocean road!

1 Like

Pie face is horrid

1 Like

Sooo, Freezer Pies, … :no_mouth:

Remember in the early to mid 70’s buying 5
ďż of chips and two potato cakes every day after school.

2 Likes

Really has been derailed…

I remember when my Mum used to tie a shilling and a penny in my snot-rag from lunch at primary school, for a hotdog and a jubbly !

2 Likes

It’s really really interesting when all the octogenarians start talking about how many dead rats thruppence ha’penny bought them after a long hard day of working in t’pit.

2 Likes

I think a pie with sauce was 1/2.
Cinnamon donuts were 3d, iced 4d and jam 5d.

And it’s “you’re”, not “your”.

I don’t remember what they cost in my later years at school.

The only thing i remember from uni was that malted milks were 17c.

2 Likes

Didn’t they franchise too quickly, and all but go under?

No love for Ferguson Pies ?

Are they in a S/Market Freezer?

Never heard of them myself.

Ferguson Plarre?

They’re in most metropolitan shopping centres.

I’ve tried the Tiddley Oggey, just because it was regional West Country English…similar to a pastie.

Have lived o/s last 18 years ,all i know i crave Ferguson pies and pasties, mostly store fresh but some do come out of Mums freezer, on the odd occasion i get home

Think BigBen pies were from NSW they were square, they could have sponsored the VFL or a club to get a foot in the door down south.
Epic failure we liked our pies more oval.

Big Ben pies tasted awful too.

1 Like

This is an indictment on Melbourne Uni more than anything.

When I was a kid we used to take freezer pies to the footy, Dad wrapped them in foil teatowels and newspaper. As a kid I was always a very nervous watcher and couldn’t/wouldn’t eat before or during the game. Dad’s perfected wrapping technique kept them passably warm for me to down one in the car on the way home. We always had either noon or Snowy River pies, which I reckon cost around a buck each. I always thought Noon had the edge in that Snowy River didn’t do enough to disguise the lips and arseholes that comprised the filling.

2 Likes

I’ll assume from that that you were “educated” at an inferior institution, and probably one that shouldn’t even be called a university.

1 Like