Jack Watts

He kicked 22 goals this year with 9 goal assists in 16 games, he’d be a hell of a half back flanker with that offensive contribution. For most of his 16 games this year he either played forward or undersized ruck as I said pre injury midway through the year he was in very good form. I like Stewart and I agree he has plenty of upside, and I don’t think we should be in the market for him but I’m happy to stand by my view that Watts today is an upgrade.

1 Like

Good intel, Interestingly a number of connected demons people I know are pretty dirty on him being on the way out.

I would agree that Stewart’s defensive side is far better, but Watts imo is far better offensively and brings other players into the game more. Regardless, I’m very happy with Stewart.

Disagree on Spud Vickery.

2 Likes

Depends on his role.

As a third tall in a Stewart-like role ranging up the ground…no…because we have Stewart.

In a Stanton-like role as chief whipping boy…absolutely…because he is the GOAT.

1 Like

He will be going to Sydney if he goes anywhere according to trade radio.

‘Whatever it Takes’

Unlike many here I rate Watts. He’s a smart footballer with great skills. He’s outside, but teams are made up of all sorts, inside, outside and those precious few who are both. In this case though I don’t see the need for Watts. We’re well set-up for his type down back with players there or upcoming, and I see no need for him up forward, where he could only be a replacement for Stewart.

If we really are targeting him could it be for a role on a wing?

2 Likes

He would be the best kick in the team.

1 Like

He would also have the cleanest uniform.

2 Likes

Except for his shorts, obviously.

5 Likes

If I was Watts and and I didn’t care about living in a ■■■■ state I’d go to Sydney. They are great at determining a role for a player and sticking that player to the role. He has enough weapons to be very successful with a role and the intensity that Sydney has.

4 Likes

I can just imagine the discussion on Demons chat forums: “Trade Watts for pick 20, are you crazy!? We paid pick 1 and that’d be 9 years of wasted development time the club has invested!”

Yeah, just like they did with Shaun Edwards…

Big difference in talent and previous success between the two.

1 Like

The difference is, despite what every second Essington supporter seems to believe, Edwards was never any good whereas at least Watts has proved he can be able average AFL for more than 5 minutes at a time

S Edwardes not succeeding isn’t a surprise, the Michael Talia failure is.

1 Like

anyone seen the Jack Watts video???

Woah boy.

2 Likes

An exhaustive 15 second google search shows nothing

It’s probably just menthol snuff but it doesn’t look great.

5 Likes