Jackets Dodoro

This isn’t really true.

Sure Dodorro played a part, but the whole club got Sheil to choose us. Thats the leadership group, coaches, and executives. It was a great effort from a lot of people both in discussions with Sheil but also the past couple of years to set the club up in a position to attract talent.

3 Likes

Listening to Wayne Campbell post trade period and he only had good things to say about Essendon.

Also mentioned that Carlton didn’t make any offers.

Don’t believe the media, they love making us out as the bad guy.

I’d expect if GWS have other go home footballers in th future they would be fine dealing with us.

3 Likes

Anyone watching the AFL stream last night see Jackets take off his jacket and give it to Paul Connors?

1 Like

I can’t wait to sing greensleeves come Christmas.

Yep. I wonder what that signified?

Blitz has been talking about jackets so much that the ads have got into it

7 Likes

Jaquettes

2 Likes

How can you be difficult to deal with if the deal gets done? That usually means not doing deals in the end or making very unrealistic demands.

It may have been the case in the long past, but recent history shows we have been more than accommodating.

Were GWS being difficult to deal with by making us wait, while they most likely restructured deals/offloaded players to improve their cap position? No, they were doing what needed to be done to improve their bargaining position and get the best deal possible for themselves.

Thankfully the chicken littles are not responsible for negotiating for the club or hopefully ever anything important for me. You should always negotiate the way we expect our players to play the game, hard but fair.

Fair in this case would have been a 1st & 2nd rounder, this is not to far off that. We were slightly ahead last year, slightly behind this year. Meh.

Great work Dodoro and the whole team. Good Times ahead.

3 Likes

How many jackets is he actually wearing?

Three?

2 Likes

It’s an optical illusion. He’s not even wearing a jacket at all. You have to concentrate to see it, like those Magic Eye things

One of the benefits of our current depleted draft position, is that Jackets does his best work under those circumstances.

Give him a heap of picks, and he starts getting a bit clever, but give him bugger all to play with, and history says he nails it.

4 Likes

He’s wearing one jacket, but it looks like three. It’s a slight of hand

That’s why he was able to land:

Stringer
Saad
Dev Smith
Dylan Shiel

for 3 mid to late first rounders (2017, 2018, 2019) and one 2nd rounder.

It’s a ■■■■■■■ astonishing achievement. Four blokes who’ve either been AA or have in the squad, all under 25, for five tenths of ■■■■ all.

2 Likes

Yep… and the age bracket of these blokes too…

Unbelievable

Thought you guys might like this quote from Adrian on SEN this morning:

“Paul Little once told me if I was ever easy to deal with I’d be out of a job”

Spent time talking about how we are not hard to deal with but unashamedly want the best for our club. :heavy_check_mark:

50 Likes

Who’s Adrian?

3 Likes

My love for Paul little intensifies. Seems like the sort of ■■■■■■■ you’d love to have on your side but hate to have against you.

GENERAL LITTLE ON THE MARCH.

That worked out well for us.

2 Likes

Both smiling assassins are Little and Dodoro… god love 'em

1 Like

watching jackets’ press conference from last night, he looked like he was sweating bullets…

2 Likes

I reckon he was privately seething he couldn’t get the deal done for one first rounder. His press conference came across as him trying to justify why we paid what we paid… there was some regret in his voice.

1 Like