Jackets Dodoro

Not surprising. It literally happened in the last few minutes.

1 Like

Yeah, he looked and sounded very emotional. Tough trade period for him… well done - he did the best he could and we (finally) got our man. Nice words for Trav too… Classy.

4 Likes

l see it differently. Last year we came out of the trade period well ahead. This year the price we paid was about right.

1 Like

We’re having a proper crack… that’s the important thing.

We’ve had too many years of showboating, blowing money on ‘name’ coaches, saying’ we’re too big to bottom out’, 'we’re Essendon, we don’t pay over the odds ', etc. If nothing else, the saga and 15 years of nothing might have brought some humility to the club.

I was concerned before Rd 8 that we hadn’t learnt anything… listening to Xavier talk up our 2018 in the preseason was a particular lowlight. Since then we’ve cut deadwood amicably, the exec have toned down the marketing wank, and we now seem to be quietly doing ‘whatever it takes’ instead of just saying it

3 Likes

Pretty pretty pretty good.

15 Likes

At the end, in the sign off room, Dodoro was either so flustered or pi55ed that he wouldn’t sit next to or acknowledge McCartney, while McCartney was doing everything to get Dodoro’s attention, even waiting for Dodoro to shake hands but Dodoro wouldn’t (at least on the clip I saw today). Yes, he did look and sound stressed which is understandable given his efforts to get the best deal for Essendon and the fact GWS strung it out to the last minutes. McCartney looked smug / like a man who finally got one back on Dodoro. Our man was not happy / looked distracted. Despite all this, Dodoro did an exceptional job!

1 Like

They shook hands when they walked out the door. but Jackets did look angry. i think he just needed time to vent for a second. then, back to business

Disco Inferno!

4 Likes

He cleaned up the management of the club that had become a shambles. Sure the saga stuff can be argued, but not Little’s impact on the club structure and management.

My opinion.

GWS told Shiel to go and look for a move, as he was their chosen salary cap dump.

Shiel went and got an offer he liked.

GWS reneged, and told Shiel circumstances had changed and he could stay

Connors said ■■■■ you, you told us to find somewhere and we did

GWS said we don’t have to do nothing, he has a contract

Connors said, you arseholes, may your armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Connors to Dodoro : Nothing I can do. If you want him, you’ll have to give them what they want. The kid has given up a couple of million dollars to pick you. He doesn’t want to go back there now. I don’t want him back there. Let’s respect his choice and do the deal.

I have a suspicion neither Dodoro, or Connors will be very happy with GWS right now. McCarthy might not know it, but he may have just signed off on the end of GWS. If Connors decided he wanted all of his players out of that club, I imagine he could be very vindictive.

7 Likes

very plausible. i would hope McCartneys not so stupid as to burn a bridge of one of only 17 other clubs he can make deals with. but moreso that he would do that to the biggest player manager in the game.

i would hope…

…

…GWS are farked

1 Like

It has a ring of truth to it doesn’t it. Aligns very much with Dodoros immediate post trade media conference. Those words he said must have been the key to his thoughts as he made up his mind to sign the trade.

Sorry. Not even close.

1 Like

Time to relive some great work from last year (not my own)…

Is there anything Disco can’t do?

24 Likes

Interesting.

Not very helpful… but interesting.

7 Likes

If that was the interview he did on Fox Footy, you read a lot more into it than I did. GWS and McCartney were leaving as Dodoro was speaking, and it seemed to me to be just an acknowledgment of parting salutations.

1 Like

S S S S

Actually it’s S S S S S

2 Likes

1 Like

I added some historical context…

Disco acquires the future rights to all sons of Israel and Palestine for a 4 litre bottle of sump oil from his VK commodore

Disco announces a trade with Mandela: South Africa for Dyson and a 3rd rounder.

Disco convinces workers to part with their steel beam for a sandwich:

MLK had a dream. Disco bought it off him for 20c and a packet of chips.

Dodoro trades underpants with Monroe and gets her to hand over $1000 and the route that JFK will be travelling through Dallas in the process

Dodoro grabs exclusive rights to 12 of the hottest celebrities in hollywood in exchange for a hand shandy from Harvey Weinstein

Dodoro trades Jackson Merrett to convince the entire scientific community to hide the evidence of the missing link

4 Likes