Jake Lever

Makes sense. Its actually not certain that Gibbs wants out now anyway.

Goodwin proved he has Adelaide in heart

ABC News reporting this as a done deal.

I heard he’s getting a million dollars a year.

Source: possibly disgruntled Adelaide supporter. Surely Melbourne aren’t THAT dumb?

Most reports say its around the 800k mark

That’s the same money Motlop is getting at Geelong - So did the Crows offer Gibbs more money than he is receiving at Carlton ? I am still waiting for your answer.

The world has gone crazy when a promising third year player, though no world-beater, can attract two first round picks - As a point of comparison, Judd won the Brownlow in his third year - Trade Judd after 2004 and he would take all Melbourne’s draft picks for 2 years - Still unsure which trade was over-inflated - Treloar or Lever ?

1 Like

He is being offered more than what he was receiving at Geelong. It has been widely reported. And yes according to some reports the offer to Gibbs was more than what he was receiving at the Bloos. I know you like to be an ■■■■ about things but even you know that players don’t move for less or very rarely for same money.

There’s going to be some big money swaps until the salary cap increase is consumed. Many players will get overs.

It’ll settle down next year I’d say.

Agree. I think Adelaide smashed that trade.

Lloyd and Cornes said that Geelong paid less for Dangerfield :laughing:

2 Likes

The value Melbourne are giving up to get Lever suggests they see him as “the missing link”. IMO they are chronically over rating where their list is at, a disappointing 9th this year with a midfield short on plenty of class.

I’m not sure why Dees didn’t just hold their ground.

It’s not like Crows wouldn’t have accepted the 10 & 27 if it was choice between that and Lever going to PSD. That was more than fair as is.

1 Like

…and pace.

I saw a best 22 on twitter on earlier that someone posted for Melbourne next year. Pretty underwhelming I thought,

The other side to that is understanding what a club will do to make that jump to finals.

Was incredibly important for us that we made it this year. No way does trade week go the way it has if we had missed out.

Jones is 29, Lewis 31, Vince 32.
That’s 3 of their starting midfield - all very close to the precipice.

Think you’ve all got it pretty spot on. Their midfield is diabolically slow - cannot think of a genuinely pacy midfielder they have, and a lot of them are getting on now as the ages posted above. They’d want to hope they strike next year otherwise they probably won’t contend in the short-term

More Mayo Jon just reported the Lever is the missing link, and declared if Petracca is all Australian next year, Melbourne win the flag.

It’s going to be great.

Clickbait is clickbait.

I reckon Melbourne just realised that all the early draft picks in the world wasn’t going to help them, so may add well spend them on an area of need.

Melbourne would see Lever as a basic 3rd tall defender, as much as we see Hurley the same.

1 Like