Jake Lever

• Lever for Francis plus a swap of our 2nd round picks.

• Josh Kelly for our 2017 & 2018 first rounders.

It’s basically trading 3 first round picks for 2 very elite young superstars. I’ll take that any day of the week.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you like to know

5 Likes

I would take it, would Adelaide though? Hell there’s even debate GWS wouldn’t take that due to where our picks would be.

Would (opposition) take (player who doesn’t get a game for us) for (player in their best 22)?

4 Likes

They both would if they both nominated us.

1 Like

Crows would take that IMO

Get a near on like for like replacement. Practically same height, intercept marker. Is a year behind Lever draft wise/development wise. He should be pretty much ready post this pre season to get a hold on playing senior footy as a 3rd tall defender.

Top5 draft pick so talent there and he is from SA. Francis is under contract also with us.

It’s not often clubs lose a player they don’t want to and get back someone who can play same role and potentially to same level.

Also Francis’s $$ would be nowhere near what Lever wanting from Adelaide/getting offered elsewhere. And salary cap is a factor for them.

Rumours that he’s agreed to terms with Melbourne.

Hibberd and Lever patrolling the HBF.

Nice.

He’s going to the Bulldogs.

He’s going to the GC Suns under the “want to be closer to family” rule.

2 Likes

If Lever is off to Melbourne then I’m tipping Ben Kennedy plus a draft pick will be involved in the trade.

We showed no interest in Gunston years ago, because we had too many of his type of player. That wasn’t the best decision!

1 Like

He is ■■■■■■■ over rated.

Wouldn’t have been much without that team around him. Wouldn’t have been a great pick up for us.

What if we sweetened the deal with McKernan? I believe he has some connections with Adelaide…

Bang. Done deal.

1 Like

Sounds like from posts in the Stringer thread that we are right in the hunt here.

Now that we know Kelly off the table, Stringer most likely to nominate us and we can get him for unders def ramp it up on Lever.

Pick 11

or

Francis & a pick.

We have hopes of Francis becoming this amazing intercept player in time and he will. Lever already is that player though & All Australian this year.

And here it is…

1 Like

needs more mention of Lever’s name.

Lever.

7 Likes