Jake Lever

They’d back themselves to get Francis afl fit too.

Hey what about Redman + Francis for Lever and we keep our draft picks.

Francis and Redman both put pen to paper very quickly to extend their contracts.
Both will be best 22 next year for us

16 Likes

Redman, GET IN MY SUPERCOACH TEAM.

What position/role will Redman play next year @Aceman?
first year he was a small forward, this year he was playing as a small defender off half back?

Buke Leveridge? Doach of the cogs?

1 Like

I like the confidence with which you’ve said this. I hope you’re right.

He’s played in all positions from HBF to HFF. He will be one of those 6ft 3in utility players. I liked him across half-back in the VFL, generally uses the pill well. That group of Francis, Redman, Langford and Laverde, all in their 3rd-4th years, MUST emerge if we are to get anywhere next year. We are losing plenty of experience from the list, they should/will get opportunity and they must take it…

3 Likes

Hes not really a typical “small” forward or defender. A 6foot2 utility player. I suspect he may debut as a rebounding half back.

2 Likes

I see MCG going into the midfield and Redman taking over his role in defence. Eventually I think he may be able to push the ground a bit aswell hopefully

4 Likes

Backing Redman in for best 22 is a very big call at this stage.

Getting passed Baguley / Gleeson / McKenna for a small spot in the starting backline won’t be easy. And the forwardline is chockas. Even a bench spot has 7+ legitimate contenders for the 4 spots.

Big call.

McGrath going into mids, they have said he will be training with mid group in preseason. Wing for starters I’d expect.

Redman most likely of our list to take over Kelly’s spot. 7th defender/mid rotation off the bench.

1 Like

be careful with statements like this, francis has been ‘best 22 next year’ for us since he got drafted and some don’t seem to realise how fit he needed to get to even think of afl footy.

1 Like

Benny McNiece will end up replacing Baggers as the small defender, with Pidge spending more time on a wing/in the midfield.

1 Like

If he ever has confidence that his neck won’t snap after the whiplash

As bad as Brent ‘Chainsaw’ Harvey or Nigel ‘Hot Coals’ Smart? How about Brad ‘I Impaled Myself’ Ottens? :wink:

Isn’t McNeice already 42?

1 Like

McNiece is good to go…just as soon as he works out how to put his jumper on:

6 Likes

Argh yes, but will they be worthy of said 22 spots ? or will they just be played, just cos.

I rate/d francis when we got him and the kid has talent, but the obvious still remains, his fitness is no where near afl level, and i’m not sure how they expect to get it there. If he has one injury setback over the summer, that’s pretty much it for the year, as he’ll lose too much fitness.

Redman didn’t get a game this year, and they prefered stanton on a hbf, or moving goddard there when we had injuries elsewhere.

Not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but by god it’d be like picking a 100 to 1 horse in the melbourne cup and it getting up, they are starting from aloooooong way back.

So Redmam is like Prince of Penzance, cool all we need to do is geld him then boom… Profit

1 Like

Wow.

1 Like