Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Bulldogs getting slapped in media over not moving on the pick 11 trade opportunity.

Essendon being applauded for just moving on to get other targets sorted.

This is great

34 Likes

Doggies fans on big footy getting very desperate and deluded. more so than they usually are on big footy

5 Likes

Constructive dismissal. Would be a very interesting way to go. Maurice Blackburn will spec the unfair dismissal claim just for the lols

9 Likes

That’s the angle I was thinking. And with damages for public shaming, all without fair process being applied. The LOL is that for them to defend themselves they would have to add further reason why the “sacking” is justified, and this would only devalue his trade currency further.

1 Like

I bet the bulldogs thought the media would have been all over essendon for being hard to deal with and to try to play that to their advantage…

I’m loving the fact the media are all over us again… (in a good way)

1 Like

I should that the other angle I considered was, did their actions effectively amount to an instant dismissal therefore nullifying the terms of the contract?

2 Likes

taking my EFC hat off

Just a real ■■■■ move by the doggies, horrible way to treat a premiership player and employee.

I think we are over reacting to the dog’s position. They told Jake he would be traded. Now they are trying to get the best possible deal for him. They would’ve taken #11 with no strings attached, the pick that many on here thought was fair. They haven’t yet made him sit out a year or go back to the dogs. The truth is he’s extremely hard to value.

Also, I view everything through the prism of the saga. I hate everyone who called us dopers and respect every single person who condemned the conspiracy against us. Cornes will always be a legend, Tracey a goddess and I thank Carey for supporting us in AFL prime time.

I only know of one person within the AFL who provided a clear, concise condemnation of the disgraceful CAS ruling explaining why it was flawed from a legal perspective. That was Peter Gordon. I don’t care that he was primarily sticking up for Crameri and Prismall, because he was at the same time supporting the entire Essendon 34. Our Chairman was right, the CAS ruling was manifestly unjust but that is all he ever said.

Gordon wants the best possible return from a bad situation – the loss of a potential superstar. I won’t condemn him for that as it’s the same approach I wanted our club to take when we were forced to trade good players.

5 Likes

Cool your jets, Gordon lover.

19 Likes

■■■■ Peter Gordon.

16 Likes

As a lawyer, Gordon is a fighter not a negotiator.

2 Likes

Unlike Essendon players wanting out during the saga Dogs have rejected Stringer. Yes, try and get the best deal but Gordon’s aggressive approach is doing the club no favours and the longer this drags on the worse it will be for his club. The best way to save face is for them to accept 2 second rounders now and move on

1 Like

beautifully put.

1 Like

Bevo - GET HIM OUT

Stringer - I WANT OUT

Dogs Club - GET HIM OUT

Essendon - Here’s our trade

Bevo - If no club will treat him with the respect he deserves then he’ll remain a Bulldogs player for next year.

Everyone - LOL

42 Likes

No one is forcing the dogs to trade Stinger, except the dogs themselves.

2 Likes

Dear Jake
We tried everything we could but unfortunately its back to the Bulldogs…

Oops… hmm didnt see that coming!

4 Likes

Cats set to pounce?

Hope not!

He doesn’t want to go there and they don’t have the cap space.

Pick 24 and 29 for Richmonds Pick 15
1438 points vs 1112 points

Surely Pick 15 gets Stringer.

Why hasn’t this being done yet?