James Hird - Can't wait for him to return

In Hird we Trust
Hope Rd 1 2015 is in Melbourne.
Essendon vs Blues would be a good season opener. Hird vs ? not sure if Malthouse will still be around by then.

Ok, the thought just occurred to me. And it's a very real possibility, and I'm not sure I LIKE the thought, in fact I'm pretty sure I DON'T like the thought, but here goes ..... Ess v Carl, MCG, Round 1, 2014 .... James Hird enters the arena and the new Carlton coach wanders over to shake his hand. "Good luck Hirdy."  .... "Thanks Bomba".
You're on the list.

In Hird we Trust

Essendon vs Blues would be a good season opener. Hird vs ? not sure if Malthouse will still be around by then.

Ok, the thought just occurred to me. And it's a very real possibility, and I'm not sure I LIKE the thought, in fact I'm pretty sure I DON'T like the thought, but here goes ..... Ess v Carl, MCG, Round 1, 2014 .... James Hird enters the arena and the new Carlton coach wanders over to shake his hand. "Good luck Hirdy."  .... "Thanks Bomba".

In what universe is this a 'very real possibility'?

In Hird we Trust

#WITB

Maybe by the time Hird comes back everyone at ASADA and the AFL will have resigned?

In Hird we Trust

Sorry, I meant 2015, obviously. But assuming you knew that .... are you suggesting that Carlton wouldn't want Bomber as coach, in which case you must be kidding, or that Bomber wouldn't accept a coaching role at Carlton?

I doubt bomber wants to rebuild a list, and I doubt he wants to be head coach again and most importantly bomber at carlton, gagf.

Fairly confident that Bomber would tell Carlton to shove their offer up their farking clacker. HATES THEM. Instead of bleeding navy blue, Bomber poo's navy blue.

Fairly confident that Bomber would tell Carlton to shove their offer up their farking clacker. HATES THEM. Instead of bleeding navy blue, Bomber poo's navy blue.

poo is useful.

harsh.

From listening to Bomber on the Hanger the other night, I doubt if his wife will let him take on a massive challenge like rebuilding a poor team. A five year journey at best.

He took the Essendon job because both he and his wife agreed " he had to…" For the club.

Maybe by the time Hird comes back everyone at ASADA and the AFL will have resigned?

Which will change

EVERYTHING.

From listening to Bomber on the Hanger the other night, I doubt if his wife will let him take on a massive challenge like rebuilding a poor team. A five year journey at best.
He took the Essendon job because both he and his wife agreed " he had to..." For the club.

I think Bomber would be content to sit back after 12 months in the job and look at his other interests. might pop his head in to the footy but not be hands on. He seems in a good place at the moment. I loved the comment where he said he wanted to hand Hird back a team and footy club in a better position to James than when he was there in 2013 and that he would notice the positive changes.

He also put a lot of the improvement down to the new training facilities which is in line with what the other players have said and that the game plan was due to be developed in the 4th year as it has.

He took the Essendon job because both he and his wife agreed " he had to..." For the club.

I think Bomber would be content to sit back after 12 months in the job and look at his other interests. might pop his head in to the footy but not be hands on. He seems in a good place at the moment. I loved the comment where he said he wanted to hand Hird back a team and footy club in a better position to James than when he was there in 2013 and that he would notice the positive changes.
He also put a lot of the improvement down to the new training facilities which is in line with what the other players have said and that the game plan was due to be developed in the 4th year as it has.
True. We can't but be so happy with the impact the new facility will have on the development of the team over the next few years and beyond.

Watch the tide of "keep bomber" rise, people forget we were top 2 last year until the rubbish hit home.

Hirdy built the house, bombers just renovating for us, but watch the mafia come from the shadows on the keep Bomber push if we keep going well, media will ove it and push this hard.

Articles on why he shouldn't return because of Bombers sucres will be plentiful, with flog Harley keen to lead the way.

Watch the tide of "keep bomber" rise, people forget we were top 2 last year until the rubbish hit home.

Hirdy built the house, bombers just renovating for us, but watch the mafia come from the shadows on the keep Bomber push if we keep going well, media will ove it and push this hard.

Articles on why he shouldn't return because of Bombers sucres will be plentiful, with flog Harley keen to lead the way.

Yep & watch the articles suggest that the club & supporters are divided by the issue like its a choice we will even have to make.  It wouldn't surprise me if any late season drop in form even for a week, draws comments like "we have no idea the effect of Hirds' pending return is having on the players".

Looking forward to Hird's return! :)

Wait till next season. Every farking tiny negative they can invent or latch onto. Hope Hirdy is ready for it.

In Hird we Trust

Ok, the thought just occurred to me. And it's a very real possibility, and I'm not sure I LIKE the thought, in fact I'm pretty sure I DON'T like the thought, but here goes ..... Ess v Carl, MCG, Round 1, 2014 .... James Hird enters the arena and the new Carlton coach wanders over to shake his hand. "Good luck Hirdy." .... "Thanks Bomba".
Sorry, I meant 2015, obviously. But assuming you knew that .... are you suggesting that Carlton wouldn't want Bomber as coach, in which case you must be kidding, or that Bomber wouldn't accept a coaching role at Carlton?
That's a paddlin'

In Hird we Trust

Sorry, I meant 2015, obviously. But assuming you knew that .... are you suggesting that Carlton wouldn't want Bomber as coach, in which case you must be kidding, or that Bomber wouldn't accept a coaching role at Carlton?

Bomber wanted to leave Geelong because he didn't want to go through an even smaller rebuild with them.  I can see Carlton being a much more appealing process.  Jobe already hinted that it wasn't an easy choice for Bomber to take on us for a year.

So, is it a 'possibility', in the loosest definition of the word?  Sure.  Is it a 'very real' one?  I don't believe so.

Any chance we can shift this thread to the other forum?

My understanding is that Bomber grew up barracking for Carlton....

Bomba is what his nickname derived from...it's been Bomber for 30 years...