James Hird

James Hird is the benchmark. If half of people acted with his integrity the world would have been that much of a better place.

I have never seen someone under such scrutiny and slander talk with such calm and grace. James Hird is a unique person.

He will fight for what he believes is right for his family and his footy club.

Anyone see Hirdy touching his nose? What are your thoughts?

itchy nose

Hird being investigated for cocaine binge. 
GET ON IT FAIRFAX

How could any club agree to letting this great man suffer any suspension - FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most resilient & graceful person under pressure in the history, of not just the EFC, but the entire VFL/AFL.

That is FACT.

itchy nose

GET ON IT FAIRFAX Fakefacts

fixed

Absolute class act - tears in my eyes watching him in the presser.  We simply must fight for this champions reputation, whatever it takes.

What a man he is,,,, that was inspirational.

Probably the most compelling interview since norm smith who said something along these lines  when he was sacked by melbourne"I WENT TO A STATE SCHOOL AND WE STILL SPELT PRINCIPLE THE SAME AND I HAVE PLENTY OF  THEM''

I know asada would have been impressed by his honesty when he said ''asada have asked me not to talk i have respected what they asked.''

Its a pity others have not,shame shame shame you are a disgrace afl nothing but a   pack of leaking dictators and deceiving manipulators for 200 days .!!!

Makes for an interesting comparison with vladtheliar doesn't.

We are going in the right direction and even if Bomber/Goody step in next year you can guarantee the guys will lay down their lives for the man in 2015.

itchy nose

GET ON IT FAIRFAX

OK, I promised to show my disdain for nose touching analysis but in your case - I owe you a beer. Or whatever you happen to enjoy.

I N T E G R I T Y

I am a complete heathen.

Jesus . . . . . . you've just been replaced

How can the AFL want to oust such a great man for the game!

What a champion.

We can NOT lose such a great man for our club. I don’t care what he has or hasn’t done in the past.

The difference between how we treat our champion and how brisbane treat their champion is massive.
Thats why we have the best supporters in the AFL.
James Hird is a god

Slight difference, our champion isn't a ■■■■■ coach.

The difference between how we treat our champion and how brisbane treat their champion is massive.
James Hird is a god

Not wanting to sidetrack, but I think Voss is a decent coach but an ordinary list manager...which he never should have been a part of in the first place.

James Hird is a god

Not wanting to sidetrack, but I think Voss is a decent coach but an ordinary list manager...which he never should have been a part of in the first place.

Even bigger sidetrack... James Hird is proof there is a god.

(spoken as someone who was atheist only a couple hours ago)

The reason I fell in love with this club when I was three years old and the reason I am reminded of how proud I am to be apart of the Essendon family tonight. 

It's a pity Rebecca Wilson didn't see that press conference before she had her random spray at the "now dis-credited Essendon coach".

I don't care what anyone says about 'no one man is bigger than the club'  blah blah blah.  To me, Hird IS Essendon and Essendon IS Hird... he is the embodiment, the personification of everything great about our wonderful club.  Over the past 7 months we have watched virtually helplessly, as his good name and character has been assassinated, and so as he, because he is an honourable man who has kept his word, and therefore, his silence.  

EFC MUST NOT allow this man to be forced by those rabid cats (I am a dog person), to take the fall.  Whatever failings there have been, they have been organisational, and our organisation has already sacrificed many good men (and one or two apparently not so good), in the pursuit of redemption.  Plus, we still have a whack from the AFL to come.  For me, the non-negotiables MUST include Hird.   

When I watched Hirdy play, I was always afraid that each brilliant game I witnessed couldn’t be bettered, but throughout his career he continued to amaze with his skill, decision making, class and fair play. Even at the very end of his career he shone above most others. What a sad day when he retired.

And now, that class is shown to us in the person that he is.

AFL, sadly you have chosen to try to tear down one of the biggest ornaments to the game we have ever seen. Your loss is our gain. Jimmy IS Essendon.

Anyone see Hirdy touching his nose? What are your thoughts

Yeah you're a ■■■■