Jed Anderson

I don’t know a whole lot about him but he seems like the sort of player that could really add something to our side - pace, creativity and an ability to kick goals. Also looks like he has a fairly decent pair of hands and can take an overhead mark.

Don’t think he’s done enough to warrant our second rounder so maybe there’s another swap of picks in there somewhere.

Fourth rounder at best.

Ours is just below a third rounder for the Hawks.

Seems people are seriously over rating him, what has he actually done? Nothing.

1 good game at senior level and I think that may have even been NAB cup IIRC that had everyone circling for Supercoach.

This isn’t a scenario like Josh Kennedy who absolutely killed it both in seniors and reserve level.

I went to the VFL prelim and he really didn’t do all that much. IMO he is just a slighty more consistent Shaun Edwards type that can play midfield better.

Late pick only.

And yet … people are rating players who are kids and haven’t even had a taste of seniors at pick 4,3,2, and even 1!

It’s the year of the J’s

Two J’s OUT - Jake and Jake

Bring four J’s IN - Jed Anderson and Jed Lamb, Jaeger O’Meara and John Worsfold!!

Am I doing it right?

Damn! I forgot the fifth J. Jack Billings!!

…Jackson…

Seems people are seriously over rating him, what has he actually done? Nothing.

He doesn’t have to do anything. His name is Jed. Jed, man come on!

You hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability

I wonder if him and Edwards spent time together at Gws, if so maybe Shaunye can get in his ear and get him across.
He is mates with Joe Daniher too
PRIZZA

First thought.

Don’t care, want!

From this post I added in August there were four “fringe players” we were talking with plus Motlop all at the mid year point…

Anderson, Litherland, Hall and Steele…

We are still into Bennel.

VanDerHaar Old School Diamond Don September 28 Flag
Hmmm, the list is dwindling…!

(From Trade Targets August 26)

Given our challenges revolve around a slow, one paced midfield, prime ruck stocks, small crumbing fwds here’s an overview excluding of course Dangerfield, Selwood, Henderson, Trealor and Dixon.

Assuming Carlisle goes we are also short on talls all of a sudden with him leaving and Fletch retiring.

Looking at semi-realistic targets (depth/opp’s etc)

Mids or players with Pace Targets
HAW: Litherland, Jed Anderson
GC: Hall, Bennel
PA: Ah Chee, Sam Gray
WB: Hrovat, Macrae (Libba back next year and Stringer will push more into the Midfield)
GWS: Jack Steele, Josh Kelly
GEEL Motlop
Prestia (Next Year!)
To add to a developing/existing midfield with a bit of speed/ball carrying capability:
Collyer, Edwards, Fantasia, Zerret, Parish, Curnow
Watson, Hepp, Myers, Hocking, Goddard, The Langford

Ruck Targets
Zac Clarke, Luenberger, Apeness, M Lobbe, Zac Smith, Rory Lobb, Stefan Martin

Small/med Fwds:
James Siciliy, Sam Lloyd, TIPPA, Shane Yarran (WAFL)
Talls
F: McCarthy, Patton, Sam Grimley
B: Mitch Brown (both forward and back), Seb Tape, Michael Hartley

Small/Med Backs
Curtly Hampton, Matt Shaw (GWS) to add to Riley Bonner

We’ve had our eye on you for quite some time, Mr Anderson.

First step get him to nominate essendon.
Second step give hawks a late pick.

Would be a great pick up.

But just to temper expectations…
Let’s check the script…
Player announces he wants to be traded.
Media name us as one of his destinations.
EFC fans get their hopes up as he’ll easily slot into our best 22.
He visits our facilities.
EFC fans go nuts expecting to get him for virtually nothing.
His club says he’s of value and want a good pick.
EFC fans say bullshit. He’s just a reserves player and doesn’t warrant anything of value.
Player comes out and chooses another club as his destination.
EFC fans breath a sigh of relief that the spud is going elsewhere.

I find it funny that we’ve been linked with a lot of players and most have visited our facilities and said ‘thanks but no thanks’.

As much as we’d like it, we are not a destination club for good young players. The only guys who’d come to us are ones who are broken and we are their last resort.

I expect Anderson to follow the same script.

fugginell, man!
You sound like you’re in a real slump there.
And the bolded bit is just not true.

It’s a reality of the situation we’ve been in for 3 years and will continue to do so for a little while yet.

As much as we love Essendon and would play for our club in a heart beat, opposition players don’t want to come to our club.
This year we’ve had Zach Smith, Luenberger, Aaron Hall and maybe a few others who have followed the same pattern.

We attracted McKernan, Giles and Cooney who were all on their last legs. That’s what we attract.

How bad is it at our club?
Carlisle and Melksham would prefer playing at the Saints (or even the Blues) and Melbourne.

We are also a few years away from getting good return on our trades. The quicker we get to the reality the less annoyed we’d be when we don’t get pick 5 for Carlisle.

We just need to ride this ■■■■ out, keep making changes as needed (football department, , get whatever draft picks we can, try and keep whoever we draft from here on and slowly build around our youth.

Good onfield performances will attract talent. The ‘we are Essendon, we have a great history’ won’t work on its own.

Some people really need the saga back in their life.

Let’s check the script…
EFC fans say bullshit. He’s just a reserves player and doesn’t warrant anything of value.

I find it funny that we’ve been linked with a lot of players and most have visited our facilities and said ‘thanks but no thanks’.

As much as we’d like it, we are not a destination club for good young players. The only guys who’d come to us are ones who are broken and we are their last resort.

fugginell, man!
You sound like you’re in a real slump there.
And the bolded bit is just not true.

It’s a reality of the situation we’ve been in for 3 years and will continue to do so for a little while yet.

As much as we love Essendon and would play for our club in a heart beat, opposition players don’t want to come to our club.
This year we’ve had Zach Smith, Luenberger, Aaron Hall and maybe a few others who have followed the same pattern.

We attracted McKernan, Giles and Cooney who were all on their last legs. That’s what we attract.

How bad is it at our club?
Carlisle and Melksham would prefer playing at the Saints (or even the Blues) and Melbourne.

We are also a few years away from getting good return on our trades. The quicker we get to the reality the less annoyed we’d be when we don’t get pick 5 for Carlisle.

We just need to ride this ■■■■ out, keep making changes as needed (football department, , get whatever draft picks we can, try and keep whoever we draft from here on and slowly build around our youth.

Good onfield performances will attract talent. The ‘we are Essendon, we have a great history’ won’t work on its own.

Well, you see… unlike most here, I don’t think we are better than everyone else. And I don’t rely on history to maintain a love for my club. I also don’t think we’re any worse than other clubs. And I don’t drink from the swill dished out by the swine in the media.

I haven’t seen much of him but a couple of Hawthorn mates…erm work colleagues have been raving about him for a while now, I wouldn’t be surprised if hawthorne talk him out of leaving.

Let’s check the script…

Nothing to suggest he is a good young player so far.

Essendon seem to be linked with just about every player whose name comes up. We won’t land anyone of any value though atm. Jonathan Giles types or elderly citizen discards is all we’ll get at the moment. Face it, we are not an attractive option in the minds of potential recruits these days. Rebuild through the draft.

I’m 50/50 on him, wouldn’t mind hearing benfti thoughts on him first