JLT 2 vs Geelong, Colac, Sunday 11/3/18 1.05pm Fox

It’s Dea and Bags if anything we could be comparing.

1 Like

I agree.

Bags has the spot now in my opinion but I’m a fan of Dea so between he and McNiece we have good depth for smalls back there.

Dea and McNiece are nowhere near the same type of player.

I disagree.

Both Dea and McNiece are great overhead and are mostly used defensively.

McNiece isn’t as hard as Dea but provides leadership.

I have Dea ahead but wouldn’t be surprised if McNeice is favored.

Yeah look I agree with this in part Killer, but also with what Darli said

McNeice is more attacking, and if anything, you’d want him running off the backline and being utilized for his main strebgth-his kicking!

Dea marks well above his height, can intercept play very well, and close check/shut down as his strength.

1 Like

McNeice is very good at intercepting for his height.

He regularly goes back and takes it above his head.

Yes, he’s more attacking but not in the mould of Irish or Saad.

He works free into space and then uses his lethal kicking.

He could not do the job of Irish or Saad in my opinion because he doesn’t have the wheels or the tricks.

Dea is not playing on small fwds, it’s laughable to be comparing him with Baguley.

Dea is essentially a 3rd tall/undersized kpd. He held down CHB in Tigers VFL side when he won their B&F

He’s a goer for sure but because he is an in between size who doesn’t have pace always going to struggle to hold a place at AFL level

McNeice will take Bags spot whether it’s this year who knows but Baguley is a player I want in the team when fit. He’s still a terrific defender.

6 Likes

All good points.

I don’t disagree with that.

I’m a big admirer of Bags and I don’t think he’s as easily replaced as most think.

If Bags were injured though I would still take take Dea over McNiece. I’m not as sold on him as others.

1 Like

The Sydney thing is used a lot… but pretty inaccurate and not really applicable to our situation. Yes Sydney would often go ‘soft’ at the start of pre-season but usually because they were coming off the back of a very deep finals run/win.

Additionally, often in games they lost… they were in front at half time, then rested all their stars and coasted to the finish without much care. Or additionally you could see Roos/coaching staff were working on one aspect (transition from wings for example) and they would concentrate all their effort on that aspect to the detriment of the their overall game.

Sydney would also start the real season fairly sluggishly sometimes too… but the main difference being that they had the ‘runs’ on the board with regards to being able to play tough, finals winning football.

We are, currently, on a decade plus long losing streak… haven’t gone near a flag in 15 years, coming off a horrific 6 six years of pain and misery and a crushing finals defeat. I’m not saying we needed to put all our eggs into JLT1… but you really can’t compare us to Sydney… our effort was unacceptable and has been for a very long time.

4 Likes

as a team coming off the most pathetic finals drubbing you could ever see you’d expect even their first pre-season game to come out firing, shittington.

Essendon > Essington > Shittington

EDIT: … and Shittington > FCFC

Does p stand for pretend?

3 Likes

Your expectations only

I expect that the coaches and fitness department have the players cherry ripe for round 1 not JLT1

1 Like

It surprises me that people want to win the JLT so much.

2 Likes

Absolutely nobody gives a flying rats ■■■■ about the JLT.

What they do want is some evidence that the club has improved on-field over the off-season. And given that this is the first chance we get to see the lads against real opposition (albeit in pretend games), then it affects peoples hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.

3 Likes

No need to get all worked up Samwoods, its just the JLT :grinning:

3 Likes

How does this free member barcode thing work with Ticketmaster?

Final against the Crows was the worst.

• NLM used as a ruckman
  • Quinn who fails to soccer a goal right on the goal line

Things is there wasn’t any improvement all I saw was the same effort they put against the Swans didn’t stop Richmond from playing well and they started pre season way later than us.

Yes we had players missing,yes gastro was a cause but that still dosent excuse for a lack effort from the players that did play.