JLT v Filth - Review Thread

We totally didn’t give a ■■■■ in the last.

I’m not concerned about a single thing. Our boys are back and there is plenty to be excited about once we are into full game mode.

If I had never read bomberblitz in my life, I doubt I'd have even considered Kyle Langford as an inside mid.

The forward. The

Who was on de Goey in the last quarter?
I saw Myers pick him up at one centre bounce. Parish had him at another.
How we let one player in the midfield (and their second best midfielder just roam free with 10m of space is annoying.
I hope it’s remedied by the time the season starts.

Not the fairy tale ending I was hoping for but just happy to see our boys back out there. We were undermanned in the last & they scored a couple of lucky ones but they’ll all be better for the run. Lots of positives as mentioned by others but it’s just going to take a little time to all come together. Loved that we applauded them off the ground- Go Bombers!

How freakin’ awesome was the crowd reaction to Jobe’s shot on goal? <3

If that’s what 16,000 sounds like, bring on five times that in round 1!

In any given week 2 or 3 of Green, Raz, Tippa or Trav will cause the opposition real problems. Exciting to have dangerous small forwards again.

Leu’burg was excellent in the first half, we really missed him when he came off.

Really can’t see anything to be negative about. Good hit out. Scoreboard irrelevant. Parish and Merrett looked ace, McGrath will be great, half rat power all round…great to have footy back.

McG 100% disposal efficiency. I thought he looked really good, and seemed to shut down his opponent too (harder to tell on TV)

In any given week 2 or 3 of Green, Raz, Tippa or Trav will cause the opposition real problems. Exciting to have dangerous small forwards again.

Yup. Not many teams have a defense that covers 4 genuine speedy small forwards. 2 of them looks like a natural high iq forward as well.

Is luey the most important player in the list?

We look slow in defence, get Conor in there

Hmmm…what to do for the next 10 days.

We totally didn't give a ■■■■ in the last.

This. Woosha switched on the engine, revved it a few times and switched it off at the end of the third.

Yup. Not many teams have a defense that covers 4 genuine speedy small forwards. 2 of them looks like a natural high iq forward as well.

I think if they all play in the 22, I think 1 pushes up onto a wing/high half forward (most likely Trav) and if we are lacking for run and carry out of defense, which I think is a real issue with our squad, then one can slot in back there.

And the best part is, even if those two things happen we’ve still got 2 dangerous small forwards up there wreaking havoc!!

Fantasia will kick 50 this year

No he won’t, will play more midfield. Did we get any injuries? If not then job well done.

Need to work on the way we get the ball out of defence, run and carry was there but when that stopped we really lacked poise by foot.

Enough to like about the team going forward.

Really like what I saw tonight. A few of the lads were rusty. And a few were on. Nothing to stress about. How good was DP???

I know its pre season but I can’t help but feel we are in for a season of disappointment

Impressed: Ambrose, Gleeson, Fanta, Green, Mckernan, Parish
Disappointed: Langford (i’m his biggest fan), Walla, Bags, Myers, Jerrett

Everyone else was pretty much expected.

Well that sucked a bit but on the positive side I got 4 pots of full strength beer in the Ted Whitten bar for the 20 bucks I didn’t spend for a reserve ticket. So nyah nyah to the guys that thought I’d only get one mid strength.

P.S. worst most rancid beer I have ever had. Those guys really have to learn to clean the lines.