JLT v Filth - Review Thread

How freakin' awesome was the crowd reaction to Jobe's shot on goal? <3

If that’s what 16,000 sounds like, bring on five times that in round 1!

16k? They get more to the lady football. You people over there should be ashamed of yourselves.
I know its pre season but I can't help but feel we are in for a season of disappointment

That’s your conditioning speaking Pavlov

These are so terrible to watch, Zero intensity, heaps of skill errors, makes it very hard to pass judgement on much at all really. Got to see some glimpses of how we want to play, and some good signs from some of the players already mentioned. Gee I like smack in the side, he adds so much but where the hell can you play him?

Impressed: Ambrose, Gleeson, Fanta, Green, Mckernan, Parish Disappointed: Langford (i'm his biggest fan), Walla, Bags, Myers, Jerrett

Everyone else was pretty much expected.

■■■■, stiff on bags and Myers, haven’t played for 18 months.

Buckley will now play eight in defence all year (or till he gets sacked).

Impressed: Ambrose, Gleeson, Fanta, Green, Mckernan, Parish Disappointed: Langford (i'm his biggest fan), Walla, Bags, Myers, Jerrett

Stiff on Bags for not noticing he played the first half of last year!

At least wait until round 6 before you get disappointed in D Meyers.

I must be the only one that was disappointed tonight.
When we roll over, we roll over like real bad teams do.

Is luey the most important player in the list?

We look slow in defence, get Conor in there

For sure. Especially if Belly isn’t available. If we lose Leuey during a game, we’ll lose

Stiff on Bags for not noticing he played the first half of last year!

Oh yeah. Oops.

Still, hasn’t played nearly as much as some of the others, was well short of a gallop tonight.

Where’s the team? night is going to be brutal this year.

I must be the only one that was disappointed tonight. When we roll over, we roll over like real bad teams do.

We took all our good players off. Why is that so hard to understand?

I won’t talk about players but I will talk about systems.

We have had and continue to have real issues bringing the ball quickly out of defence. We simply could not move the ball through their press. The ball movement was slow, unimaginative and cumbersome.

On the flip side Collingwood cut through our press easily and often moved the ball from one end to the other efficiently.

Is it personnel? coaching? application? fitness?

I remember hearing Raz screaming to his team mates to surge forward in the press but no one was helping. As soon as one link falls off the whole system deconstructs.

We simply can’t kick and hope JD will take a hanger on wing to break through the zone. These are the biggest things I took out of tonight. That and the umpires are ■■■■■.

I reckon our lack of midfield pressure will be the key thing that holds us back.

You look at Swans & Dogs and they all are ferocious at it

We have too many players who do not run hard enough both ways, and aren’t out there hunting the opposition defensively IMO

I must be the only one that was disappointed tonight. When we roll over, we roll over like real bad teams do.

Finished the game with about 6 of our top 10 players on the bench. Don’t think the scoreboard was relevant tonight (or for any match in the PS)

We took all our good players off. Why is that so hard to understand?

We took our good players off for a quarter, they had theirs off for the entire match.

These are so terrible to watch, Zero intensity, heaps of skill errors, makes it very hard to pass judgement on much at all really. Got to see some glimpses of how we want to play, and some good signs from some of the players already mentioned. Gee I like smack in the side, he adds so much but where the hell can you play him?

Don’t agree with the intensity part, Collingwood defitatly tackled with intention. Pace was way off though.

We had Daniher, Hartley and Hooker out. Then we chose to remove Hurley and Leunberger. Pretty sure the coach was trying to see what the smaller guys could do for us. Gleeson was great as was Raz. The leftover bigger guys in Ambrose and Smack also played really well. While it was a pretty ordinary game to watch I still really enjoyed the night; lovely weather, you don’t get that in July.

Is this the way the game will be umpired for the whole year? or is it just the pre season comp.
There were some decisions (both ways) that I just scratched my head and thought ‘that’s a basketball foul, not a free kick’.

Also can someone clarify the deliberate rushed behind. Dunn punched the ball through whilst under limited pressure from about 15m. Isn’t that deliberately rushed?

Main positives for mine.

Zac Merrett is Best in team.
Jobe can still football.
Raz will be our leading goal scorer
Green slow clapping the collingwood player who kicked it to tippa
Darc a rolls royce which can do it dirty.