Joe Rogan

I hate Dave Rubin.

Stands for nothing.

Makes money from it.

fair, maybe I should have said would be far less prevalent - you’ll definitely always have people succumbing to cognitive dissonance to make themselves feel better about life

I’d argue that if people are so easily influenced at face value by what is clearly media-driven buIIshit, we should be #doingbetter

but I also realise that overall, we do not have a smart populace

“I used to be a lefty, but gender pronouns made me become a hardcore conservative.”

Sure Dave. The Koch brothers money made you a hardcore conservative.

4 Likes

If you want criticise the media and the way they frame news and ideas poorly in the modern world there’s plenty of real news companies to complain about. Rogan isn’t news he’s entertainment and not in a Fox News is entertainment not news sense, rather it’s just straight up entertainment content.

People watch Rogan to hear Joey Diaz talk about all his coke benders in the 80’s as much as to hear Elon Musk or some random professor talk.

2 Likes

I’m always super suspicious of people who have 100% conviction in one set of ideas, then change perspective and have 100% conviction again. That’s not someone who learns anything.

Also…Rubin has definitely walked and talked to the sound of $$$$.

Not much, when your whole political identity is ‘owning the libs’ there’s very little that you can add

6 Likes

I met Joe Rogan a few times when I worked at one of the Comedy Clubs here in LA. He was always very generous and a pleasant person to chat with.

His stand up though was fairly mundane (think angry man yelling into the dark about the Kardashians mostly) but he sold out shows fast due to the popularity of his podcast.

Personally, I think his podcast works when he STFU and asks genuine questions and lets the experts / guests he has on answer them and the conversation flow naturally.

I agree that his COVID stance is way off and should be dragged accordingly.

9 Likes

I feel like there are some people on here who should start up their own podcasts, and express their views on everything happening in the world.

Tristan Harris (The Social Dilemma) is an expert whose opinions I have faith in, are well considered and fact based.

On his last Rogan podcast, he and the other guest (forget his name), highlighted that 19 of the top 20 Christian Facebook groups originated and are influenced out of an Eastern European country controlled by Russia. I forget the country.

But basically all online active Christians are being provided information and ideology that is curated by an external agent who has a vested interest to sow division, indecision and instability. Pasteurs, Priests and the like take this information and then preach to the masses every weekend, being influenced by ideology coming out of a covert government operation designed to undermine its enemies.

How are the critical mass of Christian individuals supposed to effectively counter this?

And that’s just Christianity,

That’s not politics, poverty, LGBTQ+ or any of that.

That’s the level of sophistication humans are being ■■■■■■ by.

3 Likes

The Store?

Hollywood Improv

2 Likes

Did you ever meet Norm??

I’d say a bunch is because in the past we didn’t teach critical thinking, and I’d imagine in some “more traditional” schools we still don’t, to the degree we should be doing. But my experience with a state primary school over the last decade is that critical thinking and assessing sources etc is definitely part of the curriculum.

Of course lots of school parents have problems when they find that a modern primary school behaves differently to what they knew growing up. In those cases I’d imagine having unsupportive parents either leads to kids not engaging, or parents taking their kids out and changing schools.

1 Like

cant wait until smj/nataliedons is interviewed on rogan’s podcast.

I can think of a pretty effective way

Unfortunately not. He didn’t come in once the whole time I worked there. Would have loved to have met him though. He was one of the best.

5 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I saw something from them that wasn’t smug, sarcastic and wholly unoriginal. Rarely contributes with any actual thoughts or ideas of their own. They just think they are wittier and funnier than they actually are.

*shots fired

boy are you in for a ride if you read the covid thread from this morning

3 Likes

Now I am intrigued

1 Like

Can you give me a point to where to start from??