Joe Rogan

you’ll have to wait until im on the clock

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/covid-19-round-19-stick-a-forklift-in-it/24495/991?u=barnz

1 Like

Thank you sir.

oh i’m sure that all works great and is probably why it’s got a huge following

it’s just my dumb adhd monkey brain is frightened of anything lasting that long

1 Like

lol i love those

“someone challenged my worldview once so i had no other choice but to become a bigot”

8 Likes

I love watching Rogan…when he is talking to entertainers. When they are talking about harmless fun stuff. Not interested in his covid ideas

There’s as much of a broad church in Christianity as there is in the wider community. E.g. the church I attend has non-binary and trans people in it (and we all use their preferred pronouns). And on the outside our denomination is considered on the ‘traditional’ and ‘evangelical’ end of the spectrum. And yes, we want proof of vaccination for people to worship with us, and yes, man-made climate change is one of the biggest issues facing humanity today.

Truth is that people on the right will mainly listen to voices on the right. And those on the left will mainly listen to voices on the left. Whether they be Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, or anyone else.

When I consider what’s changed since the 90’s (when discourse was far more civil) and the levels of disinformation is social media. I.e. we know that bad news stories get around 5 times the clicks as otherwise (i.e. hate is the biggest trigger into the news feed). And so social media algorithms prioritize stories that get the most engagement. And as a result most people on Facebook will only see the most extreme content (regardless of ideology) - which can often be from questionable sources.

What to do about it? Well I don’t use Social Media. My mental health is far better as a result. And I try to get my news from a variety of sources. And I would encourage more people to do the same.

6 Likes

This is far too sensible, balanced and considered for blitz! :wink:

Great comment.

Americans have every reason for distrusting their medical system. It’s a system built on large corporations bleeding people dry while they are in dire need of help & medical attention.

I’m not surprised by the huge upswell of people questioning vaccinations in the US.

But there is zero reason why anyone in Australia should be questioning vaccinations. Our public medical system has some large issues (thanks in large to the LNP), but it’s still a trust worthy healthcare system with largely good intentions.

6 Likes

Let’s be very clear. I never suggested he get banned or deplatformed and I am against those actions in almost all cases, almost all the time.

I just think when you are that massive you have a moral responsibility not to platform other people who are dangerous idiots spreading dangerous idiot ideas. Especially when you’re doing almost no push back to these people (which is something I fundamentally disagree with you on - he does not). An example might be Elon tweeting tomorrow “Telstra stock is going to the moon!”. He’s allowed to do that. I never think he should be banned from Twitter for doing that. But he has to know better and we are entitled to expect him to know better.

Copping out and saying “I’m just some dumb idiot meathead don’t listen to me is not exculpatory either.”

4 Likes

Are large pharmaceutical companies evil money making corporations who bleed the people dry?

Absolutely no doubt.

But That doesn’t mean Covid vaccines are unsafe & don’t save lives.

I actually think he rarely pushes back.

I think that’s part if his thing, he generally lets the “experts” present the info and he asks good questions.

As for the COVID stuff. I think he is only human, and he was targeted ridiculously for taking prescribed medication. Mainstream news made an absolute mockery of themselves the way some attacked him falsely. So I suspect, following this, he stiffened his spine around the issue a little.

He definitely has a responsibility to his listeners and I think most of the time he fulfils that. It’s actually the headline grabbers that try to turn a 3 hr conversation into a 30 word summary that do a lot of the irresponsible journalism.

He actually was shown to be wrong to his 11 million viewers or whatever, and said he was dumb. How is that not doing the responsible thing?

First started listening/watching to him around the time he called out joke thief Carlos Mencia. Watched a bits of his youtube stuff a year of so after that when he’d have comedians like Bill Burr, Tom Segura on as guest. He’d also seem to have Joey Diaz as a guest alot, who I can’t stand. Not into MMA so skipped episodes whenever I saw cauliflower ear. I wasn’t really a regular listener from day one and then got bored (like I did with Mark Maron/My Favourite murder). His two netflix specials were pretty good.

As for the whatever his views on covid, it’s a pity the interwebs wasn’t like it is now when Oprah was on prime time TV doing the same, if not worse, with her aramarda of charlatans and quacks.

4 Likes

Do a joe rogan guest best 22.

2 Likes

Joe might think the dangerous idiots are the ones supporting vaccine mandates and that he is doing the morally responsibile thing in getting their views out there.

Umm.

See ya, then.

I rekon he sounds like a bit of a wanker at times. Stopped listening to all the know all’s

You must hate reading Blitz then.

He can be at times, depending on the topic and his personal views to it. Usually he talks about hunting or veganism you might get some arrogance etc.

Having said that, I think that applies to basically everyone. So he’s guilty of being human.

1 Like

Ironically, Ed Snowden had a thread on Joe this morning.

3 Likes

Not really ironic. Ed’s pretty pro freedom of information…

Plus, Snowden has been on the podcast at least once, possibly twice.