Joe Rogan

Weren’t Michael Jackson’s drugs medically prescribed?
Weren’t Prince’s?

These Hollywood folks don’t live in the real world. They have on-staff quacks who’ll prescribe them anything they want.

I have no idea who this Rogan bloke is but, if the above is any indication, he sounds like a prize twat, and dangerous. Probably not the first left-of-centre individual who started off ok then disappeared up his own celebrity…

2 Likes

It would have been less controversial to just start a specific Graham Hancock thread.

2 Likes

so we cancelling ivan?

wouldn’t be the first lawyer this year blitz has cancelled. wonder what fake profession ivan will take up on their new account

4 Likes

I will put my hand up and say I used to listen to him and used to agree with this. It was totally true to say he did more good than harm and the guests and discussions were super interesting!

Then the pandemic happened and that needle swung in the opposite direction significantly! It’s a no from me :-1:

I guess no one. Ok then, how about Elk meat?

1 Like

Don’t care so much about the covid stuff, but geez the continual ranting about not being able to speak his and his guests minds is getting real old. If your on the most listened to podcast in the world how can you claim you can’t get your message out or debate your controversial idea.

I don’t watch his political or current affairs stuff anymore, not becuase it’s not my views just because it’s a massive circle jerk about famous powerful people not having agency which is total BS.

His interesting guests are still often quite good.

6 Likes

On the covid stuff his audience and the Facebook qanon meme audience are quite different. A 20 yo gym bro not taking a vacine wont do too much harm. Fat old boomers reading Facebook on the other hand…

What is Rogans backstory? is he like a shock jock, a comedian,ex politician, sportsman?

What actually put him on the map? I have heard the name Joe Rogan and see pics of him but have no idea who he is or what he does besides podcasts

1 Like

There’s a pretty long list of dead gym bros who’d quite possibly disagree with that, if they weren’t dead.

3 Likes

Yeah, that whole "College Campus’ and gender pronouns will destroy us all’ phase was pretty cringe.

Those Weinstein bros are probably the most annoying guests he ever fell in love with.

1 Like

Does this mean I won’t get to hear all of Neil Young’s awesome new music??

1 Like

Yeah, the point wasn’t really to focus on Rogan, more the guests and the format. Too late, I’ve stirred the hornets nest.

Fwiw, I think it’s misguided to lump Rogan in with the likes of Alan Jones, Bannon, Rita Panahi etc etc. He’s not really an opinion merchant but he’s certainly wooly in his thinking at times and I wouldn’t rely on much of anything he says other than to chase a reference down myself.

He’s getting a lot of heat for the Melone interview. Malone seems to be a curmudgeon with a chip on his shoulder but his chief concern is was the approval process rushed. That’s not an unreasonable question to ask and interrogate but unfortunately in raising it you feed a lot of hysteria and his concerns get held out as validation for anti vaxers views which they plainly aren’t.

It will be interesting to see which way it goes from here for him, do the guests and audience really start to skew politically. We’ll see I guess, I hope not.

1 Like

Started in comedy, moved into TV and UFC mic work, hosted Fear Factor iirc before starting his podcast.

1 Like

He was one of the original UFC commentators. Before it got big.

Did stand up comedy. Did a lot of TV stuff.

1 Like

Ultimate Fighting Champion (UFC) commentator, comedian, actor and former television presenter.
What I liked about his shows is long-form content. 2-3 hours an episode so you can get more than a 20,000 foot overview. But I stopped listening to him a while back - he still professes to be on the liberal left but his views are becoming fringe.

Exactly! There are people who are dead today who would be alive if they hadn’t listened to his advice! Whence started thinking he was smarter than the doctors is when I switched off for good :confused:

He isn’t going to get kick off Spotify. They’re deal is ironclad.

Nobody gives a ■■■■ about Neil Young in 2022.

They will pack his bags for him.

2 Likes

He was prescribed several treatments of which Ivermectin was one, it should be pointed out. It didn’t help when Aaron Rodgers referred to having conversations with him while justifying his anti-vaccine stance.

I’m not shocked about the CNN thing though.

Are there though?

1 Like

Rogan literally annihilates their ratings.

It was alll tactical. They knew what they were saying was false.

1 Like