John Worsfold

So was Nathan Buckley

Personally I’d be looking at Caracella if we were looking at a succession plan.
He seems to have great success wherever he goes

3 Likes

Stuart Dew:

• Been coaching for eight seasons and is a Level Four coach.

• Has had success everywhere he goes, both playing and coaching.

• He could bring with him a player or two from Sydney.

4 Likes

Not happening

Love those guys!

Going to GC, surely.

I think the three we should look at are

Caracalla (my preference)
Solomon
Dew

All have been highly rated in the coaches courses. Although not sure if Caracalla bothered finishing it.

I really like the McVeigh move, the level of leadership and IP he brings would be immense and he is still playing good footy.

1 Like

To take the “Pop’s” role and marshall the defence, as well as impart some more wisdom to the youngn’s from a new source, then into the box as def coach.

Makes sense, … I said in the (Pops) Kelly thread he’d be important to have if we make a solid final’s crack next year, just before he pulled the pin, … but Jarrad would be just as good in that instance.

Same position, a year younger, and similar finals experience.

McVeigh isn’t a defender.

I wasn’t sure, so I checked to see if my thoughts on the club’s possible thinking might have some merit.

You might want to take your argument up with FootyWire.

1 Like

McVeigh always seems to be in the back half of the ground. Don’t we normally call those guys defenders?

1 Like

No mas with the old blokes… please

He looks like he’s eaten a few Sydney players.

“Stewart Dew: The Unlikely, bulky hero”.

We’d have to reinforce everything at the TVSC,… we can’t afford that.

Sponges floors will save us.

We would have to reinforce the buffet though.

1 Like

Ready made replacement for Kelly, James that is. Do it already.

Pick up a 32 yo to take games away from Ridley, Francis and Redman. No thanks.

If we keep recycling old blokes we will never find the future players we need.

2 Likes

Now I’m slightly suspicious. Proof.

Why the FK would we do that succession plan with Solly? And in 2020 no less? So Woosh is going to be good enough for 3 whole years post saga but not good enough for more than that? Isn’t that such an in between strategy that achieves nothing? Are we not able to contend in the next 3 years? If we aren’t, wtf are we doing? If we are, why are we punting Woosha who we can contend with?

Why do we even need a succession plan? Have they been that outrageously successful that we have to emulate that?

Don’t even get me started with McVeigh. If he can coach then get him as a coach… there is 0 reason to waste yet another 22 games of development by having him sit on a back flank.

3 Likes