John Worsfold

what a whinge to have over a rumor.

2 Likes

I saw J McVeigh this morning too, should’ve ambushed him for some Blitz #EXCLUSIVE #BREAKING non binding statements.

6 Likes

Still waiting for photos from @Riolio

Another bob each way?

His disposal was beautiful last night.

What?

I won’t believe this rumour until I see pics from a chicks instagram account

3 Likes

The Solomon thing.
Planning for a handover in 2020 seems odd to me.

1 Like

I’m not enamoured with succession plans. Also not with Solomon he hasn’t really been part of a successful team in a coach capacity.

Two blokes hear a rumour and 50 posts later there’s a succession plan?

I’d put this into the context of what is known - the coaching set up will be looked at at the end of the year. There may well be a spot for one J Pops Kelly in 2018 - there may not be if he gets a more senior gig elsewhere in the meantime.
And - the club has actually got better at looking for coaches who suit our needs at the time - is the club in development, consolidation or challenging mode? - like many other clubs.
Woosha was appointed primarily as an experienced head to bring some stability and unity to a situation that was chaotic, and to instill a shared culture among the disparate players. Not as a masterful game day coach, or as someone to take an “almost” team to the flag, nor as a pure development coach like Fagan and Bolton (or Roos at Melbourne)

Who is coach for 2020 will certainly depend on where we are next year, and going into 2019. Any speculation re Solomon or anyone else at this stage is clickbait only.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how often he is in the forward line too. I don’t think he is playing as a defender, he is playing on the wing more often than not and roams the ground quite widely.

For mine he launches attacks and followd up. Would be a perfect mentor for Conor.

Don’t mind the McVeigh idea. I think Kelly was excellent for us and no reason McVeigh can’t have a similar impact. With so much experience leaving the club next year it makes sense to add some as long as they can be best 22. With the spending cap on coaching staff, 1 year contracts to experienced, high valued leaders from successful clubs (with a dual role of playing/mentoring) could become a pretty common strategy.

Oh yep. Agreed. I thought you were referring to my post itself.

More a case of “the most reliable poster on the site posted something about the coach in the coach thread and now we’re discussing it in the coach thread.”

4 Likes

McVeigh doesn’t have to/wouldn’t play every game either; it’s as much an off-field role as an on-field one.
10-12 games each from him and BJ could work

I’ll just take the 10-12 games thanks.

2 Likes

Has any player actually pulled off the “10-12 game season” only missing the other half of games being rested?

Kelly has been rested for only two games this season from memory. And he’d be the prototype for that kind of role.

1 Like

But muh high horse

Credit where it’s due, putting McGrath into the middle changed the game.

As for the whole Solomon thing, I really hope the club isn’t going down that path.

2 Likes