John Worsfold

More a case of discussing a rumour as fact, rather than evaluating it’s likely veracity, as I indicated in the rest of my post.
May happen, probability very low.
.AFL rumours even at Board contact level have a life of their own and reality checks don’t hurt. Heard some whoppers from " high placed individuals" over the years.

Already looking for a successor? Either his heart wasn’t in it to begin with or he was the best of a bad bunch.

Think I worked out one of our game plans: when kicking into the 50, aim for the shortest bloke with 2 opponents on him closest to the boundary line.

5 Likes

Love the fact that Worsfold picks a team that resembles what the “gloomers” have been calling for since early in the year, it has success, and some “clappers” take pot shots at said “gloomers”…

Yet most of the “gloomers” seem to be heartily enjoying the win…

3 Likes

I’ve been noticing that as well.

Pretty sad when the shortest bloke in your team with a bloke right on his hammer is the only player leading towards the ball.

You also missed that critical tactic of kicking the footy high and on their head!!!

2 Likes

He needs to turn us from playful into ruthless.

1 Like

Moments last night reminded me of our former CFH Davey.

3 Likes

I like Woosha. I think he is probably the best coach we have had since 90s Sheedy.

No offence to the great one. I think he will be great at coaching if he ever goes that way again.

I’d back worsfold to turn us into a ruthless top 4 side. Ruthless player.

And he’s spent time in the Adelaide camp. Who I think have the best off field setup in the comp.

5 Likes

I love the fact we are breaking up supporters of the same team into separate groups so we can have arguments amongst ourselves. #farkclappers or is it #farkgloomers …?

#farkally’all.

1 Like

So all the Gloomers have wanted all year is to drop Watson and Howlett and play Begley and Bird instead, simples!?
I thought most gloomers didnt want to see Myers, Baguley, Kelly, Goddard either but i guess everyone is happy now.
I was happy with the changes but I dont think it made much difference.

That’s not what anyone has said as far as I can tell.

And you don’t see any difference between Howlett and begley?

I thought Begley was fantastic and really got us out of a hole in the first quarter, definitely looks better at AFL level, etc. Not sure why he went quiet for the rest of the game (no tank?) and not sure if he played through the midfield mutch but you’d think Howlett will struggle to get in ahead of him from now on.

Adrenalin burn. It happens a lot with first gamers, … they just go flat after the 1st qtr burst.

IINM,… I think the same thing happened when he had his 1st hit out earlier against GC??

1 Like

Structure aswell had a bit to do with it. The Suns really sat back and congested our forward line. I did also notice Begley and Stewart free a couple of times and we went for Green wide in the pocket or to Cale or Joe who had 2 against them.
Tidy our entries up a little and we wouldof won by 100

6 Likes

Yep they really flooded the backline. They pretty much went with 2 guys on Joe the whole game. In the first half we bombed it in a lot off of slow build up play and that worked in there favour

2nd half we got it in the a lot quicker and started to hit up some leads. And when we did bomb it in we put it to dangerous spots

…I think it has been mentioned before. Does our unusual game style whereby were live on the seat of our pants, play on at every opportunity, and if we don’t score a goal from chains it is usually coughed up in the midfield because of a silly handball, remind you of how Knights coached?

Our game style is nice to watch in part but can be terribly frustrating for fans when a player not under pressure handpasses to a player who is under immediate pressure…result is usually a free kick for holding the ball and the opposing team scores a goal…how is out turnover count this season?
Similar to 2009?

ANGRY

Bellcho has been handy…Heppell has taken considerable time to warm up…I think some others have taken this season a bit easier and that’s why they have struggled.

That is not a ‘game style’, it’s an ‘error’