John Worsfold

It is quite insulting to one’s intelligence to have the coach give us a pat on the back for the second half, when it was patently obvious the game was over at half time and Sydney were farting around during the second half going at half pace because they didn’t need to bother.

2 Likes

Yes it is, very clearly.

Alright. You tell me the part we’re misinterpreting.
Point out the bit where he’s not putting the onus of coaching and strategy on the players.
Where he’s saying, ‘well, we sent the runner out to switch but for some reason the players didn’t do that.’

Because I honestly can’t see how you’re reading it the way you are.

You have a serious case of confirmation bias. You detest him as coach so everything he says or does flows through that. I have already said what he appears to mean by that based on his comments for two years but you reject it and say i have to explain it. I can’t re-explain what I have already explained.

So just agree to disagree and move on.

3 Likes

Looks like this ■■■■ is trolling us right now.

1 Like

How sadly predictable.

You can re-explain, because clearly I’m not understanding you.
And I don’t think it’s just me.

No what’s predictable is the fact you told me not to comment on your posts ever again and yet you are now trying to demand I respond to you. How about you do what you said you would and back off.

I was clear, you reject it, now move on.

Well,yeah.
Because you always make it about me.

It’s not.

Coaches always say list management decisions are made by the list management dept. Thats a cop out.

I think we will learn a lot about Woosha during the period leading up to the trade period. How deep will he cut? What /who does he regard as dead wood ? Will he shoot a/some Bambis?
Right now we have 5 vacancies on our list . IMO if he cuts only 6 Woosha is weak. If we cut 8 Woosha is conservative. If we cut 10, Woosha is a full on smiling assassin.

Based on what I have seen so far, I expect 8 to be cut. I think Woosha will go for a renovation. Cutting 10 starts to sound like a rebuild. I dont think Woosha will want a rebuild with 1 year left on his contract.

and that is the problem. Lets coach players to coach themselves. Players can’t, coach then too slow to react. Game lost. Rinse and repeat

If the players aren’t getting it done, it’s on the coaches to step in and fix it. He is either unwilling or unable to do that

1 Like

and it starts with Hocking.

Favours are over. He’s now getting his hands dirty.

2 Likes

I think Woosh has got the team playing FIFA on semi-pro by default. But due to mentality and effort to do with the opposition the worst they play is Amateur and the best is World Class.

His challenge for next year is to have the best footy Legendary, the worst footy semi-pro and the default professional.

p.s. Yes, I am looking forward to Fifa coming out.

2 Likes

does FIFA 18 come out this month or next month?

Still perplexed by his comments about tge 2nd qtr, as if they had no opportunity to influence the game by making some freakin changes

2 Likes

It’s not basketball. He can’t call a time out.

The runners would have been out to players. Was up to players and in particular the senior leaders to implement what they would have trained for plenty of times in slowing the momentum.

They couldn’t do it

Or everything they did do came unstuck when we got ball back as coughed it up again.

And our pressure was non existent in 2nd quarter also which was a massive factor. Tackle count differential in 1st vs 2nd was crazy (40 vs 9 iirc)

5 Likes

Cut 10 players? Wow I hope picks 100, 118, 136 etc turn out to be stars

1 Like

I know you know more than most… but with respect, we have already made 5 changes. You don’t have to be too imaginative to pick another 5 to move along.

So Revie, we’ve already got 5 gone. Let’s say we’re only going to cut 8 in total…which 3 of the following 6 are you going to keep?

McKernan
Bird
Jerrett
Howlett
Long
Morgan

imo, maybe keep Long and Morgan (at a stretch). Cut the rest, so we have 9 spots to fill, let’s say it ends up 6 main list spots and 3 rookies (Draper or Long promoted).

• trade 2 guys in (one of them a Stewart-like trade for a nothing pick),
  • pick up a FA.
  • 3 ND picks
  • 3 rookie picks (could easily fill with a couple of state leaguers on 1 year contracts. They’d be better bets, than Howlett, Bird, Jerrett and Smack)

Anyone see the article in down the guts yesterday?
Blooooooooody hell.
I’ve been well and truly out-gloomered.

1 Like

Yep, read it and replied to the guy on Twitter.

As I was reading it I’m like “man, this is way too negative” but then I was thinking “he’s actually right”.

5 Likes