John Worsfold

This is a big call JD…

Most people don’t pay any attention to those things and only go with the consensus that we never make changes on game day, or if we do, only at the breaks. They can’t see past their own noses and their biases.

1 Like

He’s been saying it since Sheedy was sacked.

Or maybe he has seen enough and that is his opinion.

I think worsfold is/will be a bust. I really hope i am wrong but i doubt it

3 Likes

Interesting vomments, there.

6 Likes

You have been saying that since before we even picked him up.

Interesting isn’t the right word.

Why do you feel the need to respond to every whoosa criticism/critique?

9 Likes

LOL

Actually smart guy if you go back and read my comments about picking him up i said i think he would be a good choice if his heart was truly in it and was fully committed

I don’t respond to every comment. I respond to certain posters. That’s my choice on a forum that is open for people to make comments and then respond.

Why do you and others feel the need to try and tell me not to? Do we have to conform to certain posting parameters?

I didn’t try and tell you not to, i asked why you do (it seems like after every negative comment). I was wondering if maybe you are woosha!

2 Likes

No, but I do like him. He has his faults, most notably match day live tactics. Would like to see an assistant to help in that area. But overall I am happy with what he is teaching and the direction he is going.

I respond to certain posters only, not every comment. I think they bang on about this way too much and if you don’t counteract them they try and create this whole scenario that goes from just bagging the coach to bagging the whole club and turning on players (see the Heppell thread for an example). So I made the decision to respond to them to try and see if that would make then tone it down.

I don’t mind criticism, I do mind mindless bagging of the whole club and repeating it in almost every thread.

7 Likes

Fair call.

1 Like

This made me laugh.

And keep it up @IceTemple

I’m a massive Star Wars fan.

Woosha haters remind me of George Lucas haters.

Weird.

Oh I’ve got to hear this… how on earth are the two groups even remotely alike?

L2L = IVAN

1 Like

Haha.

I’m not touching it sorry @samwoods.

I have had enough controversy on blitz lately.

Happy for IVAN to step in and take a swing though…

This thread easily represents the very worst of Blitz. People relentlessly pushing agendas, viciously sniping at each other, and forming unshakable opinions (based on not much information) that will never, ever, ever be changed.

I didn’t like the appointment at the start, and wrote so on here. If you put a gun to my head and ask me now whether or not Woosh will be our next premiership coach I would still say no. But really, I have nfi and neither do any of you.

The facts are these. He was appointed as a steady set of hands post saga, a role he has excelled at without any question. He was then handed the greatest sh/t sandwich in the history of the game when 12 of his players got banned 10 weeks away from Round 1.

Given that context, he unquestionably did a good job in 2016, both in terms of wins and losses and player development.

2017, nobody had any idea how we would go with the returning players. It is a scenario that has never happened in AFL or other major professional team sport. We had some brilliant wins where we put good teams to the sword and didn’t let up, a rarety for us in the last decade. We had quite a large number of average/ below average performances and also a handful of absolute stinkers. But we were ahead in the wins losses column and we made the finals. More importantly I think, we only really got opened up by other teams twice - the game in Adelaide and the EF. Other than that, we were competitive in all other games. This, again, in a year that most thought we would finish in the bottom third of the ladder (including most ‘experts’ on here).

Given the above I think it absolutely unbelievable that Blitz is turning on Woosh so badly. I see the tactical deficiencies too, and I wonder also if he’s yesterday’s man, and like I said earlier, I suspect he’s not the man for us. But fark me, If you are honestly being reasonable and objective in your assessment and realistic with your expectations he literally could not have done a better job to this point.

Next year is basically the first year we can assess him properly. And if we there are still major problems at the end of next year, I’ll be absolutely lining up to take shots at him too.

But until then, for gods sake close the farking thread - it’s embarrassing.

32 Likes

It’s a pretty limited (and safe) position to proclaim Worsfold is a ‘bust’.

Because if your definition of ‘bust’ is = we don’t win the premiership under Worsfold, then there are very very few coaches that are not ‘busts’. It’s a bit like many of the trade\draft thread ‘insiders’ where you can be a good chance to proclaim something vague enough that it won’t be proven wrong.

In my opinion, right now Worsfold could quit tomorrow and still be an objective success for this football club.