John Worsfold

Is it just me, or does this sound like a Sword & Sorcery novel?

2 Likes

Sorry, no man’s land. Watched the ball sail over head.

You only have to see how the players threw away a 27 point lead against the bottom team at home, or how as soon as we get three goals up in games you can literally see the team collectively pull their feet off the gas, to know that article is 100% true. Too many career footballers wanna just put in “just enough” because we’re a successful profitable big crowd club. It breeds an attitude of “can’t someone else do it” when it comes to gut running, chasing their men or putting in the hard yards from training to game day.

Have never seen a more mentally fragile and pissweak essendon team in my life. The complete opposite of 2000’s ruthless no mercy style, players and coach should be ■■■■■■■ ashamed of themselves, more a team of athletic entertainers than a football team. 10 goals in a qtr in a final is ■■■■■■■ disgusting.

3 Likes

Have you expressed this view to the club directly?

If you are 5m behind it is not man on man. Man on man should mean every ball movement is a contest.

Exactly!!! Was sick and tired of etc players being 5m away! Exactly the problem!!!

No one else has said it so I will.

This should be a poll.

Impossible to quantify atm. Finals in themselves arent necessarily a guide (Knights) but he has got us into the eight with what most of us think is a less than top flight midfield, some key players that had to be managed across the season due to the 2016 ban and basically mould two disparate groups together twice in two years.

2018 is the real measuring mark. Everything up until now has been keeping the club together.

Tactically, I think he just needs a different mix in the coaching box, personally.

I still think his main job is the mental side. The way we sieze up against sides we should beat hasnt been restricted to the Woosha era. Its been there a long time. But until we change that, every coach is under the pump. You just cant keep losing to bottom sides if you fancy yourselves as a genuine finals threat.

1 Like

Have to agree with this.

While I personally thought the mid year break this year should have been the turning point, they really didn’t use it as such.

The extra pre-season, with what should be a very different looking midfield, will be very very interesting. Desperately hoping @jackie_mihocek will be there to cover it for us.

3 Likes

Lot of good ideas from Blitz-coaches here. Agree that Worsfold should throw Dangerfield forward more often - he really should mix it up a bit and get creative on match day.

2 Likes

I hear you saying that it’s Dodoros fault for not getting Dangerfield when he was available?

1 Like

From what I understand both jackie and @karmabomber have been told to cease and desist by the club. Unfortunately.

Why?

Thats some Hird-level ■■■■ right there

Myers over Danger though, just saying

So I hope he has told Keane and dodoro who he wants and doesn’t care what we have to pay for them.

All well and good to have a plan and not have the cattle but if you’re trying to implement a plan without the cattle it can be tricky.

You can ask for what you want but they can only get what’s available.

Then kind of defeats the purpose of implementing a game style regardless of the cattle

I’m secretly hoping that we only saw half of Woosha’s gameplan, and he has some sort of top secret, revolutionary plan to take the comp by storm next year.

2 Likes

Me, too.
It would explain a lot.

1 Like