John Worsfold

It’s, ‘Get so farking good at plan A, you never need a plan B’.

I find your means of being secretive a little strange.

I think everyone can expect the gameplan to develop additional layers and complexity over the off-season. For the first time in a long time our best 22 won’t change too much over the off-season.

1 Like

Surely not?

I’m not completely sure on Jackie, but I am so far as karmab, is concerned - and there seems a coincidence in both reports and photos stopping on Blitz.

Well here is hoping that the instruction is an in-season thing, and not a pre-season thing.

Surely you jest!

Do you know the reason

I would certainly hope that is not the case.
Not everyone can get to the open training sessions.

I guess only Jackie can say for sure but I’m positive this is untrue.

Can’t comment re Karma Bomber.

Was it Jimmy or Bomber who allegedly said, ‘I don’t know why any training sessions are public?’

James I think

I think Bomber was the opposite of this.

1 Like

Interesting.
So the idea’s not unheard of, although obviously in that case he was convinced otherwise.

It’s such a minor thing in the context of the club, but I’d be really interested in hearing both their views on that subject.
As to Worsfold’s views, lol, I doubt there’s any way of ever finding that out.

I know it was briefly a thing when both of them were there.

I remember when Bomber was coaching in Hird’s year off, he made a point of trying to engage with fans - especially in the context of attending training. Anyway.

2 Likes

That was probably to do with what happened in 2013.

I know malthouse didn’t want open training sessions

From memory… Hirdy wasn’t a fan of open training sessions, Bomber was a fan. I think the decision, in the end was, because anything ‘secret’ could be done in the hanger that they should continue.

1 Like

That certainly makes sense, to a degree.
I know the Hangar is big, but it’s not big enough for proper simulated trials.

I like to get to training sessions, when I can.
I’m lucky in that I work shift, so at least it’s an option sometimes.
But it’s still over a hundred k round-trip (and obviously that’s not going to sound like much to people in Tasmania or anywhere outside Melbourne).

I have some great memories, particularly from pre-season training.
One of Carlisle absolutely bossing the backline for the first time. There’s a leader in that guy, somewhere, I’m sure of it. I really hope someone can bring it out in him.

And another of Zerrett picking up a one-touch ground ball without breaking stride, and making me say out loud, ‘Who tf is that???’

Lol. Oh, and also Hardingham taking a huge speccie and then kicking it out on the full.

It’s worth it, it really is.

7 Likes

End of this month I believe

1 Like

Totally agree. Watching training and the preseason intraclub games are one of our favourite things. Always try to get over at least once during summer.

Im actually really looking forward to getting down there in summer to have a look at training. Plus i havent had a chance to look at the new facility yet. Do flightplan donors get their name put anywhere?