John Worsfold

Yes, but it just says ‘Koala’ fifty times.

8 Likes

I think so. Would be an idea to organise some tours … I reckon they’d be appreciated.

2 Likes

Typical of that Koala bloke.

2 Likes

Yes, but do you guys think they just throw these guys into different positions and let it happen? The game is not the same as it was in the 90’s or even 00’s. Perhaps the reason it has taken 5 years for a team like Geelong is because it takes that long for players to learn to play together, and the complexity’s of the game plan. They have there game plan down pat and can start to work on so called plan B’s. What our coach has had to do has never happened before. He had to take two groups of players who had played no footy together, and get them playing footy like a well oiled seamless machine in one pre-season. It isn’t easy, its any wonder we saw little change week to week at the selection table. Or many changes on the ground on game day.

Our game plan is solid when the players can stick to, and there skills are holding up. I think teams started to figure us out a little as the year progressed and where able to make adjustments to there game to combat our game plan. But the base of the game plan is good, and works to the strengths of our team.

Its what happens from here that is interesting. No doubt things will be tweaked and changed during the off-season, and I suspect more flexibility will be built into it. In short we came a long way in a short time, and to make finials was a great effort given the circumstances. I think if people on here knew how complex these game plans where to learn and implement, they would be a little less harsh on the coaching staff.

1 Like

Woosha grab Paul Little and go for a little chopper ride to Brisbane. Have a little chat with Tom Rockcliff and fly him down to Tulla and show him the facilities, buy him lunch.

Please, make him a generous offer to come and play for us. I know, its a bit further than Adelaide, just do it and get it done.

7 Likes

Bluey has to go. Abysmal effort with the mids this year.

5 Likes

Nothings secret, you can pull up on the road and sit in the back of a ute with a deckchair and nothing can happen.

So a ‘Fan-Man’ style entry, like what happened at Holyfield V Bowe II isn’t necessary?

I’m not sure that is perfectly correct.

you are being waaaay too nice on him

I just hope he’s well.

agreed. Midfield structures around the ground have been horrible, hasn’t got the best out of our mids whatsoever. Extremely disappointing

As I said, I’m not sure with Jackie, so I guess I shouldn’t make the assumption that the two are connected.
I am sure re. Karma - and they often used to attend training together. I’ll leave it for them to confirm or deny - if they wish to.

There was a ‘thing’.
Karma can explain if he feels like it.

1 Like

Hirdy didnt want fan attendance at training. He thought there was no place for it in the clubs pursuit of “professionalism” . We (those of us that used to attend training, vfl, take photos etc) felt the club was becoming way too insular and removed from what makes footy clubs unique. I genuinely believe the early Hird era totally lost sight of what made Essendon, Essendon. I personally think this was even reflected in risk aversion recruiting etc.

I remember posting that as we strove to become more ‘professional’, it felt like we became a worse club.

Then the ■■■■ hit the fan.

Then the club realised that its greatest assets were its people, including the fans. Hird eased off a bit and then Bomber threw the doors open. I think the club has righted itself now.

As for Karma… maybe he just cant get there any more. Or maybe something else. I’d be curious to know because i too used to do some pics for the club.

8 Likes

Spot on salad

I appreciate the info.
However, I think the quotation marks aren’t necessary, and I think you’re implying links that are beyond tenuous.

Nah, more so a sense of the ironic because i never thought it was overly professional.

We need to fix our midfield and contested ball winning also need add a bit more defense.

Some smart recruiting and fix the things Iv’e mentioned and watch us rise up the ladder.

Also FWIW, I really really really do genuinely hope I am wrong and that Woosha is the man to take this list where it deserves to go. I think it is upsetting for some individuals to think that anyone on blitz wants to see us lose just to be proven ‘right’ on any topic/coach/player.

Best case scenario is that it all comes together in 2018 and we become a powerhouse of the competition. I am happy to put in writing/state clearly that if we make top 4 and/or win a final then I would be more than happy to renew woosha’s contract for another 3 years, I just think we should wait until AFTER that happens rather than announcing something mid year and then watching the wheels come off etc etc.

There really shouldn’t be any excuses next year… it will be his third year, 2nd year post saga, strong list, good facilities, ‘normal’ pre-season etc etc.

3 Likes