John Worsfold

Donnington plz

7 Likes

He’ll keep his job if we don’t win a final next year but 2019 he’ll be under serious pressure.

Hardwick has only just won his first final this year after being at the helm for 7.

It would take a monumental implosion for his contract not to be extended

1 Like

Bugger, he is younger than me as well. The players I understand, but the crusty old coach!

Woosha has come 4th in the Coaches Association coach of the year award.

Great reward for being more than competitive under difficult circumstances.

15 Likes

Pfft… Peer awards. What would they know…

2 Likes

Ask people on blitz what they think of a walkley award, buddy lover.

2 Likes

Yep. Ask Blitz…

More street cred than Whately winning the AFL media award.

Whately is a gutless, pandering, spineless, weasel piece of …

4 Likes

Why? Because he sometimes says things you don’t like to hear?

It’s the sometimes part digs. He only goes hard at soft issues.

Also the pseudo intellectual circle jerk around him

5 Likes

There isn’t a commentator/opinionator who is universally liked. When you’re paid to say stuff, you’re going to give someone the shts. Do it for long enough and you’ll give everyone the shts. Ro-Co is a terrific opinionator yet there are plenty on here who despise him for some perceived atrocity against Essendon during the supplements scandal but it’s his job to say something. Same for Whately and the rest of them. Even P Smith. Read for long enough and you will agree with him on something. Some were more vociferous than others but who cares? They’re only opinions. Sometimes, it’s not bad to hear a contrary view.

2 Likes

Also the pseudo intellectual circle jerk around him

Agree with that!

2 Likes

Because he’s a lying farker and uses his position and profile to further his agenda.
Fark him.

7 Likes

I’ll put you down in the ‘Don’t Like’ column.

Oh yes indeedy.
But to be fair, it a pretty broad brush I paint with.

Watching Worsfold turn around our forward line in 1 season convinced me he is a good coach and can develop a team.

I can’t wait to see him turn around the midfield next season.

6 Likes

It won’t take much. Perhaps one more player with ability to win contested footy (Stringer) and another decent outside mid and then we have all the other pieces on the list already. They are just young.

Watson out, Myers and Colyer superseded and demoted to VFL and we will have it turned around.

4 Likes