John Worsfold

An immense improvement on last week.

Probably developing as well. Had players like Laverde, langford, merrett playing, even steinberg and Obrien. That’s what you do towards the end of the season, give them a shot to see if they are any good.

Probably developing as well. Had players like Laverde, langford, merrett playing, even steinberg and Obrien. That's what you do towards the end of the season, give them a shot to see if they are any good.

they certainly weren’t developing the game plan in any positive way last year.
At least this year you can see they’re trying to improve the ball movement.

We weren’t developing last year. We were going for wins or best performance possible.
And we got neither because players had given up, game style was stagnant, etc.

Last year’s results were total crap. Worst ever. This year, we can see glimpses amongst our beatings, last year there were games where we didn’t even give a whimper.

Having said that, it doesn’t mean one deserves more criticism over the other.

Probably developing as well. Had players like Laverde, langford, merrett playing, even steinberg and Obrien. That's what you do towards the end of the season, give them a shot to see if they are any good.

they certainly weren’t developing the game plan in any positive way last year.
At least this year you can see they’re trying to improve the ball movement.

We were doing the same crap last year too. Trying to move it quickly at times when we shouldn’t and trying to play keeping off when we should have moved it quickly. The decision making of when to go and when to not is seriously poor last year and this year. This year there is an excuse as we have more kids playing.

We weren't developing last year. We were going for wins or best performance possible. And we got neither because players had given up, game style was stagnant, etc.

Last year’s results were total crap. Worst ever. This year, we can see glimpses amongst our beatings, last year there were games where we didn’t even give a whimper.

Having said that, it doesn’t mean one deserves more criticism over the other.

We don’t see glimpses in our beatings, we see the glimpses in games we have stayed with the opposition. What glimpse was there when we got smashed by Hawthorn? Or Sydney? Even tonight what was there, JD and Zach again but we know we will get that from them 3 weeks out of 4.

I just think we are over-rating how we are tracking this season and that is not a criticism of the coach, he has little to work with at the moment.

Why does last year matter? Like, at all?

May as well ask what we were doing under Sheeds in 2003. It’s about as relevant.

May as well ask what we were doing under Sheeds in 2003. It’s about as relevant.

Because some blokes can’t get over their hatred of Hird and love to take pot shots.
None of you answered it, just answered what would happen in certain circumstances

What was the plan? Were we playing for development or to win?

You can’t ignore the circumstances though. The easy thing to do was to drop some players and let them sit out the year and freshen up but that probably would have done more damage to them at that stage so they had to keep playing despite being mentally shot.

This year, that was taken out of the clubs hands and we are forced to put everything into development which then bewilders some of us when we pick polkinghorne and Michael to play.

I’m not ignoring anything.

I’m acknowledging there were circumstances but I’m not asking about that, I’m asking what we were trying to do?

Currently we are developing a team under the same circumstances and having BETTER showings.

Last year, with the circumstances, what was our goal? Development or winning?

Appeals

Honestly this place is batshit crazy sometimes

Yeah, this thread is about Hird, but it’s not te “haters” who can’t get over it.

Last year matters because if don’t have a comparison we can’t effectively measure where we are going or if we are progressing.

So only against last season? Do we take into account the previous year or two as a comparison?

So only against last season? Do we take into account the previous year or two as a comparison?

If you want?? We’ve been ■■■■ for 15 go back as far as you like.

Yeah, this thread is about Hird, but it’s not te “haters” who can’t get over it.

Last year matters because if don’t have a comparison we can’t effectively measure where we are going or if we are progressing.

1. Wot?? This is the John Worsfold thread. How you can say it’s about Hird is mind fking.

2. There’s no possible way any comparison can be made between this year and any year.

If you truly believe those things, and that is the agenda behind your posts, then you are not worth responding to.

If you want?? We’ve been ■■■■ for 15 go back as far as you like.

Got back as far as we have had a similar playing list.

1. Wot?? This is the John Worsfold thread. How you can say it’s about Hird is mind fking.

2. There’s no possible way any comparison can be made between this year and any year.

If you truly believe those things, and that is the agenda behind your posts, then you are not worth responding to.

I’m just going to go ahead and assume you missed the post above mine I responded to which brought up Hird.

There are people on here so in the Hird camp they will bag the current coach even though we are in a better position than we were last year.

That’s not “agenda”, the ones doing the bagging and saying ■■■■ like “■■■ NK DONT LOOK AT LAST YR PLZ” have the fkn agenda.

You know, I wondered almost immediately if I had the wrong end of the stick.

It’s pretty hard to follow wtf anyone is on about in this thread atm.

Can we please stick to the priority right now and BAG THE FARK out of Dwayne ‘the brain’ Russell?

Feel for Woosha he’s probably hanging for the season to finish and cant wait to get his players back.

Who is the stoppages coach? So many times Looney wins the tap and it either ends up as a hurried kick by us out of the center (straight to the opponents loose man in defence) or gets sharked by the opposition from the tap.

1975 under Tuddy was pretty ordinary, thank God for Graham Moss. But the kids such as Madden and Foulds look alright.
Fast forward 41 years.
2016 under Worsfold was pretty ordinary, thank God for Zach Merrett. But the kids such as Parish and Francis look alright.