Josh Schache

Gee, if he develops the way he looked he could in 2016, that would be the biggest steal in the clubs history.

He is an exceptional talent with some personal issues, and they are not caused by lifestyle or bad habits from what I’ve read. So there is no discount ala Stringer on this trade. He gets traded at market value.

20 year old, tall forward taken at pick 2 --> Probably need a top 10 pick to please Brisbane sufficiently. Unless he comes out and says he wants to be a Bomber (we can dream!), I don’t see it happening personally.

1 Like

The kids barely played a game in 2 years. His value has taken a significant hit IMO purely on lack of performance. Late 1st round enough IMO. You can’t command high picks for players who were simply drafted high and not produced anything. By the same token there’s no way we’d be getting Pick 7 in return for Francis if we traded him.

3 Likes

He’s played 27 of a possible 46 which isn’t that bad for a young tall.

Some are suggesting his value is around the late first round. That would be a bargain in my opinion.

1 Like

Few more matches than I’d realized, where the hell did he find 10 games this year? Still, a long way from showing all that much, nonwaybhws getting a top 10 pick.
Lions would stupid not to trade him though, given some of their academy prospects coming through.

Yeah, if they have academy guys coming through they would be best to trade him.

I’m not sure we are in a position to get him if Stringer has now nominated us.

I suspect we have others in mind also.

We could still get him

If he fell in our lap in a bargain, sure.

We shouldn’t be chasing too hard though.

2 Likes

Yes we should!

1 Like

We should be concentrating on midfielders, first, second and third.

1 Like

Not if we can’t get the right ones. Getting an average midfielder is not a priority over an extremely promising kpf

2 Likes

Extremely promising is pushing it.

He looks ok…

He is a beauty. I’ve been following his career through the juniors. He has some special traits that will come through when he has fwd support and is happy with where he is living.

Fair enough. You’ve seen far more than me.

Personally, I think junior footy is a good indicator of where somebody will go in a draft, and when they might debut in the seniors. Past that point, it means very little.

Based on his afl form (imo), he looks ok. I wouldn’t even think about using our first rounder on him though.

He is a 199cm player who has been deeply homesick and hasn’t had a strong fwd to support him in his first 2 years. Go back and check what Josh Kennedy’s first 2 years looked like. I totally agree that mids are a massive priority but if the right mids are not around you can’t ignore him, he is just too good.

11 Likes

Josh Kennedy’s first two years were influenced by the fact he was behind Waite and Fevola. Fairly different circumstance.

1 Like

Joe’s first two years weren’t that flash either. Showed better signs in his third year.

Not many genuine KP’s shine in their first couple of years. Ones with another string to their bow might.

2 Likes

That’s the point. Most kp fwds are behind someone in their first 2 years and either get the chance to develop in the 2’s or have support in the firsts. Schache had an awfully hard task with just Hipwood or a scrub like Walker by his side.

Hipwood and Schache are too alike for mine. They need a contested marking man up there too.

Might be the same issue with us if we recruited him. Too much like Joe.

1 Like

Really? Is Schache a lead up forward cause Joe certainly aint.

He can take a clunk as he is very strong in the air. What separates him from other early key position players is his ability to run opposition defenders off their feet by leading up the ground. He runs a plus 14 beep and is super clean with his feet. He ticks all boxes except the attitude one which wasn’t a factor pre Lions.

2 Likes