Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

Yes

1 Like

He had a knee brace on at the VFLW yesterday.

We should, earlier this week listed as 5-6wks away on AFL injury list. As is Caldwell.

I don’t think Caldwell will play this year, they will be extra cautious. McGrath could be a chance if we made finals somehow.

If we made finals we didn’t need them anyway this year

1 Like

It’s the fear of what has happened before, which has little relevance to this team.

If we make it, back them in to put forward a performance, even in Perth, Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane.

1 Like

If we want to win finals we do

Or Launceston, yeah well :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeeeeeeah…
You can say the past is irrelevant, but falling into the finals without winning more than we lose, and playing either Sydney or Port away…

I’ve seen that movie too many times.
The ending doesn’t change.

I wouldn’t be rushing them back though, especially if it meant someone already playing well, missing out.

Coward!

I doubt we make it anyway

Yep, it would be a big ask.
You would hope there is an honest performance in us though.
'17 or '19 levels of bad, yep for sure, wouldn’t want to make it.

Wim I think you have become complacent in not winning a final, it would be worse going in with 16 wins and getting smashed

Lol.
‘You don’t want to shove your hand in the mincer?’
looks at stump
‘I mean…’
‘Coward!’

Just do it!

1 Like

4 Likes

They aren’t going to be rushed back, but if they have got over injury and have sufficient amount of training workload put in they come in.

Caldwell they may be more conservative with & if no VFL games makes it tough for him but McGrath is a star & no brainer to come in and a depth player regardless of them playing ok goes out

1 Like

We are not going to make it.

Why? One of those losses to Hawthorn (1 point), GWS (2 points) & Sydney (3 points) is going to cost us and we will miss by a game.

Percentage won’t be an issue unless the Bulldogs belt us again by 20-25 goals (hey, not totally out of the question).

Is it the worst thing missing out this year? Absolutely not. I think getting there would delude many that we are closer to ultimate/sustained success than we actually are.

If we could finish up on 11-11 with a positive (100% plus) percentage, I think it’s been an absolutely terrific season… considering the depths and expectations we were coming from.

6 Likes

We won’t make finals. We are still a very ordinary team.

2 Likes

Would you like to see Essendon finish top 8 this year

• Yes
  • No

0 voters