Late night review - WCE 2022 round 15

100% agree. Our defenders got caught out pressing too forward several times.

4 Likes

No.

1 Like

What makes you think he is capable of working it out if he hasnā€™t yet?

9 Likes

We won the contested ball and clearances. Not sure how that equates to the midfield being soft.

1 Like

Oh no, we suck again!

2 Likes

Remedy for that is consistent pressure on exit kicks when inside our own 50 and the big one tonight, donā€™t turn it over at half forward with shallow entries and/or with skill errors.

1 Like

Certainly didnā€™t look like it couldnā€™t care that we won the the clearance stat.

Only stats im intrested in is the tackle numbers,pressure acts and 1 percenters i bet all those numbers will be bottom four

I dont. Thats my concern

3 Likes

Thats the biggest question we face. Truck has the next 8 or so weeks to show he can or he really is in trouble

1 Like

Christ, I feel for the WA-based Dons fans.

3 Likes

We also led the Eagles in tackles and one-percenters. Canā€™t see pressure act numbers for tonight, though.

1 Like

Which part? Werenā€™t we up by 14 points in the 1st QTR?

We are way-off with our defensive 7. One of the main issue is our structure behind the ball, pressing too high-up. Other issue is Ridleyā€™s development which has stagnated for last 18 months. We are caring a player for name sake captain.

People are just hot headed after a loss.

Iā€™ve stopped caring about results, and it has set me free. Most of the year Iā€™ve had the game on in the background while I do others stuff at home. Itā€™s honestly been the best thing i have done.

Iā€™m well past getting angry. And Iā€™m not sure I can go back to being emotionally invested in this club, like have been my whole life.

The board, the CEOā€¦ā€¦ and the raft of bad decisions leading up to the drug saga. Iā€™ve given this club all my energy, and have gotten nothing in return.

10 Likes

Ridley has kept 3 of the top 5 in the Coleman medal to 3 combined goals.

Obviously had a down night tonight but they were hyper efficient in attack tonight.

1 Like

We had more inside 50ā€™s, won contested possession (and uncontested), won both centre and stoppage clearances, laid more tackles, covered more groundā€¦

Just wasnā€™t enough to beat the bottom team.

17 Likes

If Wright kicks straight, we win.

We could have won by 10 goals, we were always going to lose by having them in touch at 3QT

Have you read Brynn Oā€™Connorā€™s review (on the Club website) of Zerkā€™s performance in the Magoos vs Sandy last weekend ? I quoted it above in Post #116. To save you the trouble of scrolling back, here it is again:

ā€œHe was fantastic for us this week. his contest and the way he structures up down back, heā€™s a real leader down there for us. Heā€™s working really well with Eyre, Reid and Brand down there. Heā€™s a real captain of the backline, the boys love playing with him, and he just attacks the ball so hard in the air. He got a bit more of the ball this week, made good decisions and his skill execution was as good as itā€™s been. He switched the ball and made good decisions when he needed to.ā€

Now thatā€™s not a description of what you consider ā€œa good honest foot soldier, at best.ā€ In fact, it describes exactly what our backline needs !

2 Likes

Clearances 30/37 our way
Contest possessions 113/118
Tackles 43/45 our way.
One percenters 35/47.

2 Likes

Was at the game tonight and took particular interest in watching the back six closely.
Whilst individually they all have strengths and appears they are doing individual things well, as a collective they are all at sea when the ball transitions quickly. They were all at times way too far off their opponents, there didnā€™t appear to be anyone taking control and making sure the structures were correct. A couple of other things:

• Ridley can be quite demonstrative towards teammates when he doesnā€™t get the ball or things donā€™t go his way
  • Hind was terrible defensively and certainly doesnā€™t run as hard back as he does going forward. And his decision not to ā€˜goā€™ on a couple of times was critical, and really should put his position in the team in doubt.

The ball coming out of our forward was laughable. WCE are ā– ā– ā– ā– , and they just waltzed it out with ease way to many times.

Our skill level is Farking woeful.

13 Likes