Lid off 2016 - the tippa strikes back

We can beat Brisbane, Carlton, Gold Coast, GWS, Melbourne and whatever teams that decide to be arrogant and not prepare for their game against us.

Exactly.

Like we used to against them

Ffs people, this is the lid off thread.

Our problem for years has been our one paced midfield. Wada just fixed that for us. Big Joe is about to become the most dominant player in the comp. Leuenberger is a genuine chance to become the best ruck in the comp. And we have a fleet of gun running players, led by Zac and Orazio who are about to step up.

Add Tippa to this and I can’t see how we don’t win the flag.

Let's get some SHAUNYE goose steps going

That’s not goose stepping. Nazi soldiers goose stepped.

only thing lid off for the year is hope we get the rising star, and beat fark carlton.

only thing lid off for the year is hope we get the rising star, and beat fark carlton.

Wrong attitude.

For the first time in 15 years we’re not going to be smashed on the spread.

We have classy users on every line and a dominant FF.

I’m not lid of for 2016, but beyond that maybe. Our youngsters get a good run at it this year, learning senior footy and Woosha’s gameplan. End of ban and hopefully the boys stick around we get them back into the side with a bunch of good kids in their 2nd and 3rd year with a bit under their belt plus another high end draft pick to top it off.

Let's get some SHAUNYE goose steps going

That’s not goose stepping. Nazi soldiers goose stepped.

It is, it’s a fkn SHAUNYE goose step.

Has anyone checked on meat?

Seriusly, Tippa in the centre. Maurice Rioli type influence. Surrounded by Zac, Jackson, Fantasia, Gleeson, Langford, Laverde, etc etc.

Exciting.

And when these guys tire we still have Goddard, Cooney, Zaharakis etc.

Hams, I keep forgetting Hams. He’s going to be so good this year. And McKenna. A year of senior football will be just what he needs.

Remember what happened when the team spent a year without 2 outright guns in Hird and Lucas in 1999.

Everyone is going to get better.

HAMS Conor TIPPA playing in round 1. ■■■. Worth going to that pissant country town for.

Give a few (say 12) of the older guys a year off to rest so the kids can win a premiership then bring the older guys back in nice and refreshed to get theirs. Back to back, lid off.

I find it hard to see how we are going to fit the 12 players in our best 22 after this season…

JAMAR!

Bump for zimmer’s spirit of absurdity.

Hams, I keep forgetting Hams. He's going to be so good this year. And McKenna. A year of senior football will be just what he needs.

Remember what happened when the team spent a year without 2 outright guns in Hird and Lucas in 1999.

Everyone is going to get better.

■■■ the Hird, Lucas, Lloyd…era. I am so glad I can still remember it.

I’m unsure how all the rookies are to be used in 2016.
Are all the rookies available to be selected in 2016 in the AFL side (& all of the top-ups ?? )
Or are “normal” rules re rookies in place; i.e. only to replace long term injured (full listed players)
If anyone can clarify that, that would be appriciated.

I'm unsure how all the rookies are to be used in 2016. Are all the rookies available to be selected in 2016 in the AFL side (& all of the top-ups ?? ) Or are "normal" rules re rookies in place; i.e. only to replace long term injured (full listed players) If anyone can clarify that, that would be appriciated.

Original list:
39 Senior, 5 Rookies, 1 International B-List Rookie.
(1 vacancy to elevate a rookie)

CAStrated list
27 Senior, 10 Top-ups, 5 Rookies, 1 International B-List Rookie.
(3 vacancies to elevate rookies)

Thanks - Any indication of who - if any - of the rookies may/will be elevated ??

Is there a date to advise/nominate which rookies they can elevate ?

Thanks - Any indication of who - if any - of the rookies may/will be elevated ??

Is there a date to advise/nominate which rookies they can elevate ?

HAMS and TIPPA and Conor seem the only legit choices.

And not just because they’re my personal favourites.

Regardless of WADA, we always could update one rookie at the start of the season (to get to 40 senior players), and Conor whenever we wanted. Because Long/Gach/Wallis are unlikely to be upgraded/play, effectively we’ve been offered just one more. Koch’s claim we have one extra player is a crock of Port.