Local Footy 2015

Anthony Rock, fresh of coaching St. Bernards to success this year, has stepped down to pursue opportunities in coaching at AFL level.

Yes Rock has gone rumour to Fremantle ,well done Aber boys how good was Angus Graham as well as West Coburg for staying in Premier Division.
Aberfeldies Ben Potter certainly had a good system going and players fit.

New coach for Airport West for next season is apparently...DAMIAN CUPIDO!

I can see people at the club losing their jobs over this signing if true
doesn’t have the best history of commitment does old Cupes

Persona non grata a couple of places around my way.

BTW: can hit a cricket ball a long way…

Yeah he pretty much ■■■■■■ off whole clubs at a time. Trail of destruction everywhere he goes.
I’m amazed he still gets any jobs at all, every club committee must reckon they’ve got the magic formula to keep him straight and stop him from ripping anyone off.

Brian Lake seems all set to head to Caroline Springs, as he has said he would do for some time not that his AFL career is over.

Some WRFL clubs though…I can think of 2 in particular, would give themselves a chance of getting him (Division 1 clubs).

He has spent the last two season coaching Rumbalara in the Murray League with good success - albeit with huge resources of cash and former AFL players. They won the flag in 2014 and were runner up this year.

Maybe he has matured at a stage that was far too late to save his AFL career.

Persona non grata a couple of places around my way.

BTW: can hit a cricket ball a long way…

He played Premier firsts before he was drafted to Brisbane. Was just a super talent.

He has spent the last two season coaching Rumbalara in the Murray League with good success - albeit with huge resources of cash and former AFL players. They won the flag in 2014 and were runner up this year.

Maybe he has matured at a stage that was far too late to save his AFL career.

AFL, EFL, YVMDFNL, BHRDCA, NTFL, RDCA, and I'm sure I've missed a few. Leopard, spots.

Hardingham confirmed today as the new coach of Pascoe Vale.

Local clubs and leagues have been discussing the issue of AFL Victoria’s new points system, in order for local clubs to survive.

http://www.efl.org.au/index.php?id=320&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4021&cHash=d1c693fd57

Each club has 50 points available to them per week for their selected 22.

Basically, if there is an ex-AFL player in the side, 6 points are assigned to him and so on along a sliding scale. It’s a controversial move, but, once explained, it will help to even up some competitions applied in full.

YVMDFL has that in place.
I like the idea, but Wandin were still able to throw wheelbarrows of cash at a good dozen of the best EFL/YVMDFL guys, and have at least 1 ex-AFL player on their list so in practise I’m not sure how effective it is

YVMDFL has that in place. I like the idea, but Wandin were still able to throw wheelbarrows of cash at a good dozen of the best EFL/YVMDFL guys, and have at least 1 ex-AFL player on their list so in practise I'm not sure how effective it is

There’s been a lot of complaints on the Western side of town too, particularly as Deer Park cherry-pick (heavy into Brian Lake I understand)

NLM appointed coach of Rumbalara in Murray Football League. He’ll also live in the Shepparton area to devote time to the club & community. Great person is NLM

NLM appointed coach of Rumbalara in Murray Football League. He'll also live in the Shepparton area to devote time to the club & community. Great person is NLM

Was also playing for Lake Condah in the Vaysar championships in Bendigo over the weekend.

NLM appointed coach of Rumbalara in Murray Football League. He'll also live in the Shepparton area to devote time to the club & community. Great person is NLM
That is interesting. He replaces Cupido who coached Rumba to a flag in 2014 and to to the finals again this season. When they didn't win this year one of the excuses I heard was that NLM didn't commit to playing finals. Maybe he had fallen out with Cupido. This year they also had Jarrod Atkinson, Aaron Davey, Brad ■■■■ and Matthew Whelan playing for them yet they couldn't go back to back.

Brian Lake confirmed at Caroline Springs for next year. Walk to your local club and get a kick!

Spot the humour in this article from Local Footy Scores:

Movements from around town:

• EDFL Clubs thought the points allowed for season 2016 would be 60, AFL Victoria has said 50 is the limit; Angus Graham has moved from Premiers Aberfeldie Sports Club. to Perth FC.
  • Brian Lake has signed on at Caroline Springs.
  • Paul Chapman is a chance to play for multiple local clubs in 2016.
  • Matt Watson a chance to end up playing games of local footy next year at Pascoe Vale if he signs on with a VFL aligned side such as Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood.
  • Northcote Park’s Ash Close and Benjamin McNeice a chance to feature late on draft day or rookied.
  • Doutta Stars favourite son Robbie Hicks could be returning to the club 18 months after retiring from the club. The Rat pack of Kite, Scibberas, Cronin and co are expected to depart during the off season.
  • Bundoora Bull Liam Byrne is set to turn his back on Essendon VFL and pursue full time UniLad and Bundoora in 2016.
  • South Croydon has signed Leigh Adams as Senior Coach for 2016.
  • Craigieburn have missed out on signing Jake Carlisle, but appear to be in the market for Kyle Reimers.
  • Martin Stillman, former Calder Cannon Regional Manager is coach of Forrest Hill. Former Cannons Assistant Coach and Greenvale Assistant coach Damian “Tips” Zanic is assistant coach of Wallan.
  • Benalla are set to lose a host of players on the back of winning their first flag in 42 years. Lachy Smith was seen conversing with Kyabram.
  • Alwyn Davey is rumoured to be joining Damian Cupido at Airport West.

New coaches:

Former Melbourne, Fremantle, Carlton and Gold coast assistant Mark Riley is in charge of St. Bernards.
Jeff Gieschen is the new Gisborne coach.

Chappy is the new coach (is he playing or not?) of Werribee Districts

Giesch has already left Gisborne, citing health issues.

The fixture is out for the Victorian Football championships…with the metropolitan leagues, sans VAFA, are against the country leagues. Venues not confirmed but host leagues are known. All matches will be held on the weekend of May 21-22.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/afl-victoria-confirms-introduction-of-statewide-community-championships-pitting-country-and-metropolitan-leagues-against-each-other/news-story/8656df3a978d0162cff596db07b369e7

Feature matches include:

Geelong v Eastern at Geelong/Geelong West
Peninsula v Northern at Frankston/Rosebud
Essendon v Goulburn Valley at Windy Hill/Craigieburn
Western Region v Ballarat at Whitten Oval/Werribee
Southern v Ellinbank at Springvale/Casey Fields

Meanwhile Kilmore have been allowed to move to the Northern competition from the Riddell competition.