London Bridge Attack

Yes just another nutter … a disturbed individual with mental issues

Move along people move along

No link between terrorism & refugees either, remember the ASIO boss said so last week

The guy has a long history of gun & violence offences and a history of drug addiction, aggravated burglaries, assaults, thefts, arson, he was a criminal with a drug issue and a history, not a terrorist.

This is more a failure of the parole system, this guy shouldn’t have been out on the streets

4 Likes

Shall we mention at this point that police have confirmed he acted alone and there is no link to any terrorist organisation or plan?

Or should we just ignore that because Muslims?

11 Likes

the guy was brown, ergo it’s terrorism!

2 Likes

Also, ■■■■ the media reporting. “IS have claimed responsibility”.

No they didn’t.
No they haven’t.
No they won’t.

Full page apology for bullshit journalism in the Age tomorrow?

1 Like

Of course that needs to be mentioned.

Still doesn’t change the fact he should have been deported after the Army base plot.

But the racists and xenophobics, need a hashed up reason to hate.

I don’t disagree.

However, what good is done with this flat out lying?

Does it prevent terror? Does it undo the previous crime?

It’s profit from sensationalism which damages society. It is ■■■■■■■ disgusting and should be punished.

3 Likes

Can I ask what the point of being on a ‘watchlist’ is if they are obviously not being watched.

This bloke epitomises all that is being argued for. Refugee, criminal, violent, no positive contribution to this country at all - yet allowed to stay and live off taxpayers money.

I’d hate to think how many others like him are out there walking the streets.

As for his original sentence. Obviously manifestly inadequate. Three years minimum for aggravated burglary with his history of violence is a joke and the presiding judge needs to be asked to explain his reasoning.

Any type of sensationalist media is ■■■■■■.

This is obviously a real stretch to call terrorism but with this guys background it’s very easy to make the link.

Yes this guy was a nut but it’s concerning that a guy like this who at one point was part of a terrorist plot wasn’t deported or locked up for life.

the more this farked up ■■■■ happens, the more i think the government needs to step in and tell media organisations to pull their heads in. enough sensationalising it, enough over dramatising, enough with the “IS claimed responsibility”. Starve them of oxygen and the publicity they seek. ISIS would be one of the world’s most recognisable brands these days and i reckon they’ve spent four fifths of fark all on advertising.

oh, and before anyone suggests it, i’m not saying the media is the root cause of terrorism, just fueling the fire.

2 Likes

Shooting in Orlando overnight by a disgruntled ex-employee. Guns yay

1 Like

agreed. happens every time.

I agree, seems less terror related and more his own issues and struggle within himself.

2 Likes

Claiming that its for BOTH Isis and AQ immediately suggests he was just an opportunistic psycho.

3 Likes

Is it lying? If he said it then it needs to be investigated.
He has links to people who have been found guilty of planning a terrorist attack which means he’s not just a nutter saying “this is for ISIS”, he’s someone saying “This is for ISIS” who has links to convicted terrorists and was himself charged.

It doesn’t need to be sponsored by ISIS to be Terrorism, if it was inspired by ISIS then it still is.
After all that’s what they’re doing with their internet videos, trying to inspire attacks.

1 Like

The guy lay in wait for the anti terror cops.
This is someone who.

1. Booked an apartment at a specific location
  2. Lured a sex worker there
    3 tied her up and shot a worker at the apartment complex
  3. Waited across the road for the police to come, ignoring the uniformed police and waiting until the anti terrorist SOG team arrived
  4. Charged at them firing his weapon

I don’t know about you, but that seems like something that may have been planned out. Planned by a guy who was previously involved in planning a terror attack against the Army, a similar force in the fight against Terror…

4 Likes

Yes. It is lying. Flat out lying to generate fear and $$$. Typical gutter journalism.

At no point did IS claim responsibility.

At no point has IS claimed responsibility for any incident of any sort in Australia.

Never.

It’s not easy to make the link, it’s easy to ignore the overwhelming evidence that this was nothing to do with terrorism in favour of a sensationalist headline.

1 Like