London Bridge Attack

Who would have thought my bosses were on blitz?

1 Like

ISIS claims responsibility for anything. They tried to claim it a couple of weeks ago when Adelaide completely destroyed Freo.

6 Likes

But was the CAS comfortable satisfied with the claim?

2 Likes

So where is, or what has happened to this Sara Zelenak girl??

Initially, I figured they were intimating that she was a victim of the crash, and I figured she might have gone off the bridge and into the River, as had happened in the last bridge attack, but now I hear she was on the bridge with a friend, saw the crash, and then ran away, likely dropping her phone in the process which she hasn’t answered, and has now apparently gone flat, and she hasn’t contacted anyone.

There is no mention I can find, that the attackers went in the direction that her & her friend ran, and if that was the case, you’d think the reporters would say so, but it seems a bit weird they don’t report whether she did or she didn’t

All a bit of a mystery.

Thank goodness. I hate it when Australia gets left out. Now our media can shriek about it more and we can all get lathered up over it together.

3 Likes

I didn’t bother. He thinks pizzagate is real.

1 Like

What gets me is why has her family setup a GoFundme page which has raised over $15000 already?

Her mum has flown over to the UK, what do they need the money for?

This was 50 years after partition.
I know the “old” IRA had made attacks on the English before 1972, but, having attained partition in 1921, it was only the Catholics in the north who were still fighting.

My point was that not all that many Catholics were inclined to fight, until the British attacked a peaceful, righteous rally, and then tried to blame the victims. It caused massive anger amongst a lot of people, and active recruiting persisted for many years afterwards.

There’s an Irish writer, Adrian McKinty, who now lives in St Kilda, whose series of books are about a Catholic policeman in the Northern Irish police in the 70’s and the massive tightropes he has to walk. His protagonist tells of how he nearly joined after ■■■■■■ Sunday but was talked out of it by a man who later became a major IRA operative. I’m not using that as evidence but a lot of different sources.

We used to go down to Molly Blooms in Port Melbourne and quaff Guinness most Saturdays in the early 90’s and listen to Celtic City Sons. Their songs were not pro-British.

They know no one over there and need the money to pay for hotel costs for as long as it takes. Then they need tickets to fly home. A local station gave them the ticket to get over there in the first place.

1 Like

I never thought that I would ever agree with any post by Essendon12 - but in this case I do.

1 Like

Great. Now my wife is scared about bringing the kids to Melbourne for Christmas. Thanks a bunch, ISIS.

Having been in London last week (until Sunday) I can attest that it is an expensive city for accomodation, food and transport.

She should be more worried about the home invasions, car jackings, jewellery store robberies, Richmond supporters and ticket inspectors than terrorists.

I’m not helping am I

6 Likes

Or my uncle sidling up after a few Chrissy coldies.

4 Likes

Fixed.

AFAICT, this is a guy that was a bit mental, and was fried on drugs, who had been a criminal for a while & who seemed to want to in the end, commit suicide by cop, after ordering in a call girl, and getting in a dispute with the building manager, and losing it & shooting him, … then realising he was screwed and about to choose to die,… adding in Al Qaeda & ISIS as an afterthought.

As has been mentioned, he killed no one else, not even the girl, . where he clearly had the chance to do that, and then go on a full on killing spree,… which we know, is the MO when it’s for “terror” purposes.

But try getting the Media to look at the facts and be intelligent & analytical when they can pump up the fear. // Not fkn likely.

2 Likes

My thoughts are with the families. It’s hard enough to lose a family member but then having to have why they died become a political/religious argument where everyone has an opinion would be devastating. I’m not sure I could cope with something like that.

I agree that media should stop sensationalising everything. I wish they’d stop telling us how to feel about everything and just give us the facts. I don’t need a cross to someone who wasn’t at the scene to tell me what happened using a different voice. I don’t need an opinion of someone who was in the area a week ago telling me how lovely the place was.

We have unwritten rules about suicide and how to report it in the media, so I think there should be something similar with incidents like this. Give us the story, not the glorification of it.

5 Likes

Here is is for the third time.

3 Likes

Not disputing the fact that he was probably crazy but the fact he was charged and jailed previously with trying to commit a terrorist act is kind of relevant in this case.

You cant just pretend that never happened and therefore it is not linked.

Why bother? Those that pay attention saw it and already agree with the premise that moderates do say things, while those that ignore it are the very ones who say moderates don’t. This sort of thing just ends up “preaching to the choir”.

ps I am also not saying it shouldn’t have been posted, it should and it was good, just saying that to keep highlighting isn’t actually going to achieve the result wanted imo.

May be worth mentioning he was acquitted of those charges and never jailed, unless you count remand as being jailed in which case carry on with the half truths

2 Likes