Make the US Politics Thread Great Again

If I’m reading that right it’s one of his “I don’t know, maybe you guys should like, shoot her? Maybe you guys should hit that black protestor at my rally? I don’t know.”

More charges mooted but not filed as yet for Manafort: bank fraud.

Until a shooter marches into a maternity ward with an M16 and starts blowing newborn babies awaynothing will change.

Trump is actually in the best position of nearly any president in recent memory to do it. Hated by the establishment of his own party, says he’s an outsider, not beholdent to anyone etc etc.

Great. You say you’re a maverick? Prove it.

Far from convinced that will do it.

2 Likes

Yeah true. Arming every baby with a gun from birth to defend themselves would likely be the result.

Lawfareblog broke down the indictments for the 13 Russian individuals and 3 organisations. Paints a picture of an effort to pump the extremes of left and right, undermine establishment or more centrist options, foster radical unquestioning partisanship, and discourage minority groups from voting. Broadly speaking: Pumping up Jill Stein, Sanders, and Trump, undercutting Clinton, Rubio, Cruz. Though it is alleged they agitated for pro and anti positions in regards to both Trump and Clinton, with the aim of promoting discord/confusion/disillusionment. For example anti-Trump activities occurred shortly after the election.

The US intelligence agencies said only last week that they expect this to continue through the ‘18 midterms.

1 Like

Still wouldn’t do it.

In defence though, I’m sure the kenyan had many weird photo ops like this. But on the otherhand, they’d be older than 18 months so irrelevant.

That’s one ■■■■ eating grin to be sporting when the whole place has just been shot up

Just another photo op for Trump…I just struggle to express my disgust with these pics

1 Like
2 Likes

Shouldn’t joke, but thoughts & prayers to the families, but the midwives should have had guns for goodness sake!!

2 Likes

When members of the public can freely purchase weapons that were developed for use in war zones, that is what’s wrong, nothing to do with mental illness.
Wonder what Bridget McKenzie, our pro gun Minister has to say about this. She wants to relax our gun laws.

Senior Trump adviser says Russian election meddling ‘beyond dispute’ | US news | The Guardian

What are the charges or penalties for a US citizen being in on this?

Is it treason? and jail?

LOL - a handful of individuals who happen to be Russian making some memes on Facebook. The whole thing is a farce and a ridiculous waste of money.

Will the FBI now investigate every country in the world to see if some teenage kid has created a facebook page or meme supporting one candidate over the other?
Poor BSD will be in trouble if thats the case.

1 Like

See, you are trolling. You may not think so but you are. You react you don’t research, you antagonise, you don’t debate. Troll. Get better.

2 Likes

There was was an article talking about the costs of the investigation recently, Newsweek in December. It put the price tag of the Special Counsel at $5 million to that point. Seems inconsequential in the context of the US budget if it is in any way accurate, which it may not be of course. Trump’s airfares to Mar-A-Lago were $6.6 million alone in 2017. If you are worried about cash, ask him to make it fortnightly rather than weekly as a start, and chose the significantly less costly Camp David as his predecessors did. That would probably pay for the investigation. It would also remove that thing where the President’s government is paying his business.

It’s in Trump’s best interests to allow the investigation to continue and conclude unmolested, because it’s his best chance of leaving Trump/Russia behind.

The only part of DC that doesn’t seem to leak is Mueller’s team.

in on what?

The US Government knew about this ‘social media trolling’ years before the election. The media was done like the dinner on this one and is a whole pile of hot air used as a political ■■■■.

Exactly why I can not stand politics. Either side… and the media…both sides!

If anyone thinks either side is clean, or this little issue had any influence whatsoever on the election they have rocks in their heads.

2 Likes